OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Reticle help please?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoalwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reticle help please?
    Posted: January/22/2013 at 17:26
New to the forum, but so far looks like a lot of great info available.  I'm sure this has been discussed, but I wasn't having much luck trying to search it. 

I have a 24" Hvy. BBL AR that I built last spring and due to work, kids, and life I never scoped it.  I think I have decided on a Sightron SIII 6-24X50, but need help with reticles. 

I have always just shot duplex style reticles in the past, and I was just familiar enough with my rifles to know how much to hold over for the yardage.  Well I don't have the time to shoot near as much as I used to, so I figure it is time to learn how to shoot either MOA or Mildot recticles.  

My plan for this gun is Prairie Dogs, Hogs, and Yotes out to 600yds.  I also have access to a 1000+ yard private range with gongs and silhouettes, so will be plenty of shooting there as well.  

Which system is easier to learn and which one covers less of the target at longer ranges?  I have read that Sightron's MD cover up a large amount at longer ranges.  I am not married to the scope choice, but want the best glass (Clarity, Sharpness, Brightness) for the money.  My budget is around $1,000 for this scope.  

Any help on the reticles and scopes will be appreicated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic