OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thumbs up on my 6500 !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thumbs up on my 6500 !!
    Posted: January/21/2013 at 16:23
Feel like I need to brag on my Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x42 mil-dot a little !

I bought it for my 22 magnum but didn't like the way it looked mounted to the short action. So I pulled it off and it's been in the closet for a couple of years. Tried to sell it on here for a while. Lately I have really been looking into alpha class scopes in the same magnification range(3 or 4x to 14-18x) by 42-44mm.

I ended up deciding to go ahead and mount the 6500 on my Cooper .30-06 just to see if I liked the magnification range in real hunting situations. So I have hunted a lot in Alabama the last couple of weeks.... in fields, woods, long shots, short shots, early, super late, you name it !!!  I am really impressed with the scope........to the point that I think I am just going to leave it on there and not worry about new glass. It is very bright in low light and the mil-dot reticle is fine for low light hunting into way past when you should be hunting. The long eye relief is nice on the .30-06. I can't really complain about much except it gets flair/haze or white out or whatever it's called up on the 14-16x range in low light. I backed it down the 10-12x usually and left it until I couldn't even see good with my Leica Ultravid bin's. Never needed to drop it to 6x or anything. Passed on a lot of bucks but ended up killing a doe at very last light at 235 yrds. Again, I couldn't ask more of the scope.....it was about as late as I have ever shot, even when I had alpha class scopes.

I just had to brag on it some.......it truly suprised me how well it did out hunting in the variety of conditions I hunted. I hunted in snow thursday morning, some rain, temps all over and the rainguard worked awesome. My bin's fogged up every morning and required wiping more than once some times. The scope was ready to go evertime I hunted.

Edited by cbm - January/21/2013 at 18:17
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2013 at 20:28
Good for you cbm,it's great when a plan comes together.I hope it brings you years of cheers Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic