OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Effective Arguments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 10:16
My frustration is in the fact that "What argument and what debate"? Ask those "on the fence" Do they really beleive that banning any type of gun or magazine is going to have any effect at all on criminals or the unstable? And ask them is it their goal or hope that all guns be totally removed from our society? Ask them to consider what criminals and the unstable used to rob and kill back in mid-evil days. Do they want to defend themselves from swords, bows, clubs and knives? Do they really beleive that totally removing guns from our society will remove crime and killing? Ask them if they were attacked by someone with a club or knife would they rather have a club, knife to defend themselves or a gun? Inform them that by removing guns from our society they are in reallity disarming themselves and those who would defend them when the law couldn't or wouldn't be there when needed. Those who are on the fence if in fact they are, have to be those who have never faced any real hard choices in life and there by have not had to put up any kind of fight to live or help another to live.
In all honestly, making a sincere effort to be open minded about the issue. The want vs need for "types" of firearms is mute. It is already well regulated concerning what the military carries and what the public is allowed to have. The anti's use these made up classes for the purpose of debate. Its a ploy to keep the ignorant occupied while they do their back stage vodoo. I continue  to accuse the NRA and other pro-gun orgs. of stonewallin us to keep themselves a job. If they took the monies we send them and made public the truth about what is going on. The "Debate" would be over in a day. This is not about gun control, Its about subduing this population for the comming world order.

The folks you mention who won't be swayed by logic or any argument. They have an agenda. They see some promise of a continued free ride or have some hope of authority in the future gov. Because in a dictatorship men are not equal. Those in authority are wealthy and the rest are subjects living on what is given them. Those who are content to let someone else (the law) defend them in a crisis are the first ones to surrender under pressure or threat. They are in fact subjects already and have nothing to loose. So they think!!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Graysteel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graysteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 10:34
Sgt. D I certainly can't make too wide of a generalization, but my experience has been that there are a lot of people today who simply don't know anything about guns or why they matter. They aren't bad folks, they just don't know much about the subject.

Take the young lady I am taking to the range this evening. She is a 23 year old kid who just got out of college. She is working in the medical field and lived in the city her whole life. She has been told that guns are scary and dangerous, so she believed it. She never saw a real gun until I showed her one.

If you talked to her casually she would have told you she was ok with the proposed laws because she never really heard the other side of the argument. She is going to the range for the second time with me this evening. In short, we are winning her over and she might convince others. We need to do more of this.

I agree there are issues with the various lobby groups, I am just talking about how to best reach those who agree because they don’t' know both sides of the argument.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 11:16
If someone says "they should ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines"; ask them to define what an "assault weapon" is, and how many rounds should be in a magazine. It will give you an idea of their level of information or misinformation, and where to start your rebutle.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 13:08
I saw much of the same in the shop. Porblem is by the time they come in a gunshop or seek out experience on a shooting range the fence ride is pretty much over. They have been exposed to some threat or potential threat and realized that they may have to save their own bacon. The NRA and other groups taking our money in the name of "preserving out rights" need to be getting this kind of perspective out in front of the masses. If they mount a campaign on perspective showing that most responses that law enforcement make is after the attack. Rarely if ever preventing robery or murder. And that your best hope of surviving said attack is the ability to defend self and other potential victoms. Some percentage of those fence riders will see the light. The school shootings is a prime example. Ideally I wouldn't want armed teachers in schools but, in light of these events I would insist on it for the childrens sake. If the principle or any teachers in those schools had been trained and armed the out come would have been much different. Not to mention but must be mentioned that had the killers had any suspicion that they would face someone with a gun it likely would never have happened. I'm willing to give most folk out there credit for common sense. If the NRA and others would adjust fire and get these thoughts out longer and louder than the anti's we would see less fence riding and much more support for "selfdefense". One contention is they say the major networks won't air these views. Hogwash!! you flash the cash and they will air anything. Thats one reason I'm out with the NRA. These letters they send saying "send us $ and we can save your rights". Apperantly what they've been doing ain't goin so well. They need to expose whats going on with the gun and ammo manufactors and the invester groups. We're gettin shafted and nobodies offering kisses.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 08:31
Photo
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 09:22
Originally posted by Trigger slap Trigger slap wrote:

Photo

Living in western South Dakota that makes all the since in the world. I see everyday what living on the dole results in... helplessness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic