OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

US Marines New Colt 45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Marines New Colt 45
    Posted: January/19/2013 at 07:01

US Marines orders 10,000 Colts 

Visit the Ed Show
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 10:05
Beautiful. Curious though they don't have an extended magwell? 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 12:09
That is because Marines are expected to be able to find the hole...Any hole, anywhere!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 12:27
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

That is because Marines are expected to be able to find the hole...Any hole, anywhere!

Ah....Big Grin
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 13:05
Yeah but................ can they use it in NY ? Loco
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 21:35
What? The holeBig Smile
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 21:40
Interesting...
No one
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 22:03
Excellent
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 06:36
Is that a long slide?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2013 at 06:56
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Is that a long slide?
No. It's the size that real pistols are supposed to be. Like John Browning designed it, and Colt made it.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2013 at 12:52

[ I found this very cool picture that I can use whenever I wanna say 'SO THERE!!' to a post!! ]     Roll on Floor Laughing

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2013 at 12:56

" I can't see it!! "  

Visit the Ed Show

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2013 at 14:44
My Colt has a 4 1/4" slide,Commander Big Smile
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2013 at 06:52
I drooled over a bunch of 1911s over the weekend because of this thread.
Good thing they were under glass.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2013 at 09:16
Can never have enough 1911's.I cut my teeth on my first 1911 when I was in service[65'/69']One great thing about the 45acp ,if you don't kill 'em,you will make them do one hell of a funny dance Wink
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/12/2013 at 14:05
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I drooled over a bunch of 1911s over the weekend because of this thread.
Good thing they were under glass.
Woman in the next firing lane handed me her new Remington 1911 to shoot, last week. I sure liked it.

Spec Ops troops led the way back to the truth when they started using 1911's over the Europellets. It's good to see the Marines following suit... only so much political correctness a guy can take.

Call me old- fashioned- I'm not too sure I like that rail- make mine uncluttered.

Edited by Alan Robertson - February/12/2013 at 14:11
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 15:59
Yikes.  What is next? Will the military go back to revolvers? Bow and arrow as standard issue equipment?

I can see a 1911 put to proper use by specialized troops, but as a general issue handgun...  I don't know.

Now, mind you, I am sure it is a good replacement for the Beretta, but that defines setting the bar pretty low.

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 16:20
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Yikes.  What is next? Will the military go back to revolvers? Bow and arrow as standard issue equipment?

I can see a 1911 put to proper use by specialized troops, but as a general issue handgun...  I don't know.

Now, mind you, I am sure it is a good replacement for the Beretta, but that defines setting the bar pretty low.

ILya

As much as I love the 1911, I agree. Glocks would be a better all around sidearm, at least in terms of maintenance. Wouldn't it? 
The IDF uses Glocks, but reportedly have a low regard for hand guns over all, as do I. Big Grin   

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 16:36
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

As much as I love the 1911, I agree. Glocks would be a better all around sidearm, at least in terms of maintenance. Wouldn't it? 
The IDF uses Glocks, but reportedly have a low regard for hand guns over all, as do I. Big Grin   

Double yikes:  Cheaptrick and I actually agree on something...

Handgun is a perfectly respectable secondary firearm to people who carry a rifle around.  It also becomes pretty important in a pinch if you do not have your rifle with you (or if your specific duty involves humping around something sufficiently big and heavy that you might not have your rifle with you most of the time).

A handgun has one thing going for it: portability.  Another thing that it used to have going for it was a fair number of rounds in a compact package.  The choice of the 1911 as a standard sidearm takes care of that one though.

Personally, I am pretty big on Glocks, but there are plenty of well engineered service handguns out there: Sig P226, CZ75BD, etc.  

From a maintenance standpoint, Glock is the only handgun I know of that someone without opposable thumbs (i.e. me) can completely disassemble and replace any of the parts.

ILya  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 17:03
I agree, but would submit that the handgun is the most difficult firearm to master. Easier to instruct the unwashed masses proficiency with a rifle, IMO. 

Pistols are for shooting your way to your rifle....there...I said it. Big Grin    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic