OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why don't you hear about Kahles MultiZero more?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Why don't you hear about Kahles MultiZero more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 07:13
Swarovski won't make any scope that could be considered suitable for use against a human target.
It's a PC issue for them...

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 07:53
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

Swarovski won't make any scope that could be considered suitable for use against a human target.

Explain this for me if you will
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 08:08
Kahles is still owned by Swarovski, even though SONA doesn't (currently) perform Kahles service work...though they went back to servicing Kahles products as recently as 4-5 years ago or so while Kahles was in-between US reps. Yes, they are technically competitors, but given today's reality, there isn't much direct overlap in product offerings between them.

While it may seem an unhealthy relationship to have one company compete against another that it owns, in reality, this happens all the time in various industries. I know of 3 or 4 of my suppliers that have this same relationship with competing companies under the same ownership, and actually it's very healthy, even if the two companies under the same umbrella have a very contentious, adversarial relationship, as I believe is the case between Swaro and Kahles. Competition drives innovation and forces all involved to have to either continually improve or get out of the way.

Kahles has outstanding products, and they always have. It's a shame they don't get much recognition for that fact here in the States. From where I sit, I think much of that is due to monumentally stupid business decisions, combining poor advertising with continually aligning themselves with incompetent organizations that didn't fit their high end niche and had no clue how to handle a high end optics line.

Edited by RifleDude - February/01/2013 at 08:17
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 08:16
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

Explain this for me if you will

At least at present, Swaro will not make any so-called "tactical" products with the silver hawk logo on it. The focus of all their advertising and marketing is geared toward hunting, birdwatching, and nature ONLY. They have a somewhat liberal-minded philosophy that will not allow the development of any product specifically designed for anything other than paper or game animal targets and nature observation.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 08:23

basically no "tactical themed" products.  Gotcha!  Thats a shame.... a tactical scope from swaro, if kept as light as the other scopes they produce would be awesome.  I've debated putting my z5 on target duty but the limited elevation adjustment per turn is what keeps me from doing so.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/01/2013 at 09:23
I have some friends that work in American embassy's in Europe.

PC rules every part of everyday life in Europe that is just the way it is over there soon to be the same over here... unfortunately.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2013 at 10:26
That's interesting.  I know I've seen some 10x42 PH series scopes with a 50 BMG reticle on Gunbroker over the past couple of years.  Maybe they use them for target shooting???
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2013 at 07:09

If you look at the new models and discontinued products  of Kahles you can see the Swarovski influence. They dropped most of hunting lines and only 1 model of Helia CBX and 2 models of Helia CSX are still being produced.

At the same time they introduced the following Tactical models:

K 312 II

K 624i

K 1050

K 16i

The exception is hunting model Helia 5.

So Swarovski is doing hunting only scopes and I a while Kahles will produce mostly only tactical scopes.

It is however true that both Companies are working very differently and that you can not see any similarities if you work with them. 

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2013 at 09:00
De_T    nice avatar!
take em!
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2013 at 03:01

I shot my first "gams" - Chamois with Helia C 6x42 on top of Styer Manlicher in 6.5x57 in the Alps on similar position like this in my Avatar. Big Smile

Maybe this is the reason that I still like Kahles scopes so much. New Tactical models are especially nice. 

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2013 at 09:05
We have a "hunting" forum to share stories in.  Pics always nice too.  Big Grin   Would love to hear more!
take em!
Orygunian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orygunian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 19:00
I purchased a Kahles CL 4x12 52 when they were without a USA distributor. Purchased thru SWFA at an awesome price due to their situation at the time, think it was around $750 ish. Bought a Swarovski for my wife (cause she's spoiled and likes those name brand things) and I can't tell the difference in optics- day or dusk. I had never heard about Kahles before my purchase and spent many hours on the i-net researching. I am extremely happy with my Kahles multizero, it sits on a Sako 300wsm. I love the ability of zero-ing any type of ammo at multiple distances of my choice.  My opinion is they are among the best optics available. I do have to say I had a learning curve the first time I tried to sight in at the range from 100 to 600yds- lots of ammo that day... But this scope is rock solid, have used it for many years with zero complaints and it has held the settings flawlessly. Would by another if I had something to put it on.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2013 at 19:40
Welcome to the OT!

Sounds like a great reason to buy a new caliber Big Smile
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Orygunian View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orygunian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 01:33
Thank you
Well, I think I might have blown getting a new rifle for a while. I used the "but honey, this gun will work for all my hunting needs" sales pitch. Loco
 I don't know what I was thinking....lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic