OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex 2.5-10x32

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex 2.5-10x32
    Posted: January/15/2013 at 17:53
 I saw a thread on this earlier. said it would be out soon but it's listed for sale here. any idea if it is available or this is a pre-order???
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 19:39
I'm just seeing the older SFP version, which has a larger objective. It'll probably be out soon and is one I'm definitely considering.
Reaction time is a factor...
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 19:51
no, this is the 32mm, not the 44.

here's the link on the Vortex site. I don't know how to make it hot: 

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x32-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-1-mrad-reticle/reticle

and here it is listed on SWFA, though the reticle and description of side parallax doesn't match the Vortex site. 

http://swfa.com/Vortex-25-10x32-Viper-PST-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P60984.aspx
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 20:08
Nice scope.  May have to check one out...
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 21:07
Ah. I got fooled by it not being in the usual alphabetical order!
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2013 at 08:46
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Ah. I got fooled by it not being in the usual alphabetical order!

actually, this is the same scope you profiled earlier in the "tactical scopes" section. sorry I didn't know where to post this. I'm still learning my way around...

I see someone posted they had received one and showed pics. any idea if these are for sale yet???
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2013 at 08:52
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2013 at 09:03
Yeah, I'd checked it out on the Vortex site. Didn't realize it was already available. The specs are really good.
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2013 at 09:09
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Yeah, I'd checked it out on the Vortex site. Didn't realize it was already available. The specs are really good.

yep, good find...

guy in the other thread already has one. I posted there to ask him his verdict and where he got it.

maybe we should merge this into your other thread to stop wasting bandwidth or misdirection, if the mods or someone knows how to do it...
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2013 at 23:57
I do not think they are available yet, but will be fairly soon.  They had a number of pre-production models at SHOT and they will be sending me one to play with shortly.

ILya
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 08:46
I'll probably wait for your review. But any initial impressions based on the *ideal* viewing conditions @ SHOT?
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2013 at 12:53
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I do not think they are available yet, but will be fairly soon.  They had a number of pre-production models at SHOT and they will be sending me one to play with shortly.

ILya

did you not check the other thread in Tactical scopes?  someone has one and showed pics of one with serial # 200.

sorry for the confusion. is it possible to get this thread merged with that one???
priler View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2013 at 00:41

ILya

yes! i'm looking forward to your vortex vs weaver comparison.Yippee

it's a natural match up. the vortex might prevail on reticle,some features and apparantly less weight,the weaver on glass,FOV,lower mag and maybe robustness.
priler View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2013 at 23:06

ILya

a month later,any word yet on acquiring the two vonlunteer scopes for the vortex-weaver showdown?

no pressure,but i'm getting anxious and itchy.
ra2bach View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ra2bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2013 at 17:50
got mine!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic