OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NYS New Gun Laws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NYS New Gun Laws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: January/14/2013 at 23:58
Not sure if this is just what they are proposing or it's set to go into law. This has to be the most insane thing I've read on the net with all the hysteria over gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown, CT.

*ban on pre 1994 mags with cap of 11 or more
* ban on mags over 7 rounds
* background checks on all ammo purchases
* mental health reporting which is to be checked against the (new??) gun registry database
* 1 feature test for AW. Bushmaster AR banned by name
* 10 round mags to be grandfathered in but may only be loaded with 7 rounds (read elsewhere this will be a misdemeanor)
* all sales of ammo from registered ammo dealers to be reported to local police
* background check on all ammo purcahses
* ban of direct internet ammo purchases
* ammo purchases to go through FFL
* five year renewable registration for AW and handguns
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 07:08
Insanity!
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 08:06
Yep, stupid. That's one reason I moved out of NY ... in 1976. It's run by lib whackos. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 08:39
Just heard on the radio. It's soon to be law in NY.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 08:47
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Not sure if this is just what they are proposing or it's set to go into law. This has to be the most insane thing I've read on the net with all the hysteria over gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown, CT.

*ban on pre 1994 mags with cap of 11 or more
* ban on mags over 7 rounds
* background checks on all ammo purchases
* mental health reporting which is to be checked against the (new??) gun registry database
* 1 feature test for AW. Bushmaster AR banned by name
* 10 round mags to be grandfathered in but may only be loaded with 7 rounds (read elsewhere this will be a misdemeanor)
* all sales of ammo from registered ammo dealers to be reported to local police
* background check on all ammo purcahses
* ban of direct internet ammo purchases
* ammo purchases to go through FFL
* five year renewable registration for AW and handguns
Latest I seen on the news is that if you have mags over 7 rounds you have 1 year to sell them out of state otherwise it does become misdemeanor.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 09:16
thats what you get from a state where andrew cuomo, chuck schumer, hillary clinton and micheal bloomburg call home. idiotsLoco
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 09:57
Makes one wonder if they have some inside info on what Obama is going to announce this week.  Obviously they are going to get sued over this and waste millions of tax payer money defending it. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 10:03
Obama has nothing to loss... not running for public office again.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 13:38

Maybe this will spur people to start defending their rights with force. I've been carrying everywhere since January 1. I don't give a damn if it makes the liberal soccer moms uneasy. I will also refuse to obey any executive order issued by Obama. If he bypasses congress to issue law, i'll defend my right to the death, i sh*t you not.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 14:07
Shows how hypocritical they are allowing these magazines to be sold out of state. If they are so dangerous, why allow them to be sold to someone else "out of state". Now you need a background check to buy a box of ammo.......frickin nuts !!!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 14:58
In my town, we have an organized public forum on the 2nd Amendment tomorrow night to discuss strategy for what we as citizens can do to counter this b.s.

We have to dig in our heels and let our elected officials know we will hold them accountable if they choose to unlawfully violate our Constitutional rights.

If Obama does invoke Executive Privilege to restrict our 2nd Amendment rights, it will be an illegal, tyrannical act, and he will be in violation of his oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution. If this happens, he needs to be impeached. Period. Executive privilege does not trump the Constitution.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 15:15
I agree.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 15:21
Obama's threatened executive orders on gun control, much more than Clinton lying about a BJ, are precisely the type of thing I believe our founders included the impeachment provision for - elected leaders who abuse the power of their office and flaunt the separation of powers that requires checks and balances between the different branches of government.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
opticsmike View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 16:19
The law passed. Now I have to send all my mags out to friends in AZ and pay to register all my guns as "assault weapons" every 5 years and hope for 7 round mags to become available so I can even use them. Mags aren't even made anymore for several of my guns so I'll never be able to shoot those. And they say my rights are not infringed, how is this not unconstitutional. Not happy.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 16:32
It is indeed unconstitutional, my friend... but liberals don't care about the Constitution. In fact, they despise the Constitution, because it's an impediment to everything they believe in, i.e. Marxism. I feel for my brothers and sisters in NY.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 16:37
Originally posted by opticsmike opticsmike wrote:

The law passed. Now I have to send all my mags out to friends in AZ and pay to register all my guns as "assault weapons" every 5 years and hope for 7 round mags to become available so I can even use them. Mags aren't even made anymore for several of my guns so I'll never be able to shoot those. And they say my rights are not infringed, how is this not unconstitutional. Not happy.

I feel for you Mike.  I'd be looking to join up with the NRA and/or whoever is lining up to challenge the constitutionality of the ex post facto aspects of the law.  I'm sure the NRA will be looking for those like yourself that have mags that were legal today that aren't tomorrow, as well as the registration aspect of the law, to be the poster children for a challenge.  I'm curious to see what type of "registration fee" the assembly will tack on to make it untenable to own any guns at all that have to be registered.  Just another excuse for a tax.  You watch.  They'll say it's just a fee to account for the personnel required to implement the law, but you can guarantee they are going to try to make money off every single gun registration.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 17:08
7 rounds mags.  I dare bet there is going to be a surge in 1911 purchases now.  Wilson combat better ramp up the 7 round mag production.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 17:26
Glad I got my Glock 23C when the gettin' was good.  13+1 baby!
opticsmike View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opticsmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 17:34
DCAMM94, the mags are not grandfathered, gotta get rid of them.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2013 at 17:42
I guarantee that law won't be passed by the Texas legislature in my lifetime.  Like I said, I feel for you Mike.  Time to head south for the winter -ever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic