OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

So it begins...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So it begins...
    Posted: December/27/2012 at 21:45

edited for hyperlink... 

Edited by Kickboxer - December/27/2012 at 22:06
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 22:13
Why, that CU...   er.... Curmudgeon! Yeah, that's what I was going to say. Curmudgeon! Wink
The older I get, the better I feel about tearing up parking tickets and cheating on my taxes.
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 22:39
Does this mean I have to plug up the thumb holes in several of my thumb hole wood stock bolt guns to avoid registration?

This is definitely coersion under never-ending transgression. 
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 22:46
I guess if they get their way it will come down to this Lights Out
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 07:11
Just make sure it doesn't come down to this.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 09:20
diane feinstein is an idiot... and im being polite

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 09:32
it means rubber bands that can be used to hold magazines together will banned, and nobody is going to voluntary the registrationof anything
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 10:00
the NFA backlog for cans is about 6 months...

#200 tax stamp plus a wait that is going to get MUCH worse...

My toungue is bleeding from biting it trying to be polite....

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 10:47
There is an estimated 2.7 to 3.5 million AR-15s in the US.  Can you imagine how long it would take if even 10 percent of people tried to register them.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 15:47
I'm not going to register the one I don't have. Hippie
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2012 at 16:15
Remember how well that worked in Canada...if the conservative folks tack on the mandatory sentencing for use of a "assault weapon" in commission of a felony the liberals will flush the whole thing like they did in 2004.
With budgets being cut there is no way this can pass, it probably won't even get out of committee or may not even be referred to a committee.
Art
Good day.
M1Thumb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Thumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2012 at 23:37

I fear this issue is going to divide this country much as the issue of slavery did in the 1860's with the result of a civil war to decide the issue.

I hope it does not come to civil war over the issue but one would hope that the elected officials have kicked that around as a possible outcome - additionally current elected officials that want to continue in office will be paying attention to what folks in their districts want and side accordingly.

As folks have pointed out in order to do what the proposed new ban will take in resources to enact and follow through on is enormous. Compound that with not having the resources unless the Constitution is suspended and marshal law implemented to obtain the needed resources to go out and collar the law-abiding citizens that now have chosen to become a criminal in lieu of registering a firearm.

Where and how would the legal system deal with the caseload and incarceration of folks that chose not to follow the new law?

One must hope that cooler heads prevail and realize that a knee jerk reaction will get a knee jerk reaction from the populace.

Geo-spatially speaking you missed :o)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic