OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need advice on mount for Remington 700

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playin2x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice on mount for Remington 700
    Posted: December/27/2012 at 14:10
I am buying the Rifle scope listed below:
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical 30mm Riflescope

I need advice on what mount to buy. This is what is "related" to the scope I am buying but I need help because I am new to this. Appreciate it!!

Thanks Yippee

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 16:26
TPS
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 16:32
Talley one piece light rings.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 16:36
The SWFA you linked is indeed an excellent choice, but is better suited for an AR type weapon, or a bolt gun with an adjustable cheek piece. 

I'd gladly recommend Talley LW rings. I have these on a Rem with a Leupold 30mm scope and love them.

http://swfa.com/Talley-Lightweight-Aluminum-30mm-Scopemount-P8379.aspx

IF....you want a Picatinny rail, then you could go with a Badger, TPS, or even a EGW rail and get Seekins low rings.

I have the latter on a .308 Rem and really like the set up, but with all the built in UP that's in the SS, a rail isn't necessary, unless that's what your after. A rail/ring combo does allow a slight advantage for scope placement, fore and aft, and if you want the extra elevation that comes with a plus MOA rail, then it's the logical choice and it's a very solid mounting platform.  

Had I had it to do over, I'd probably just go with the Talleys. Light weight and the ejection port is open for easier loading. These rings stand up to HIGH recoiling rifles with no problems.  
Best $40 I ever spent....North of Juarez. Wink  Bandito
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 16:39
Talley LW's.

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 18:26
+1 Talley's
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
playin2x View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playin2x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 19:30
Thanks guys!!
IHFarmer07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHFarmer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2013 at 19:28
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

The SWFA you linked is indeed an excellent choice, but is better suited for an AR type weapon, or a bolt gun with an adjustable cheek piece. 

I'd gladly recommend Talley LW rings. I have these on a Rem with a Leupold 30mm scope and love them.

http://swfa.com/Talley-Lightweight-Aluminum-30mm-Scopemount-P8379.aspx

IF....you want a Picatinny rail, then you could go with a Badger, TPS, or even a EGW rail and get Seekins low rings.

I have the latter on a .308 Rem and really like the set up, but with all the built in UP that's in the SS, a rail isn't necessary, unless that's what your after. A rail/ring combo does allow a slight advantage for scope placement, fore and aft, and if you want the extra elevation that comes with a plus MOA rail, then it's the logical choice and it's a very solid mounting platform.  

Had I had it to do over, I'd probably just go with the Talleys. Light weight and the ejection port is open for easier loading. These rings stand up to HIGH recoiling rifles with no problems.  
Best $40 I ever spent....North of Juarez. Wink  Bandito
Hi I'm interested in these rings, will the lows work on a rem 700 sps varmint, lens covers and a SS12x42? thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2013 at 04:13
Farmer:

Yes, Sir! They will work well. 
IHFarmer07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHFarmer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2013 at 06:29
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Farmer:

Yes, Sir! They will work well. 

Thanks a lot. Just ordered me a 12x42 SS and those rings early this morning, very excited about this and just sold my millet buck gold 6-25x56 for the SS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2013 at 16:10
I too have the SS 12x. It's a very nice scope. 
With those Talley LW's, your going to be set, my friend! Thunbs Up

Like I've said before, if I didn't already have a kick ass Badger rail and Seekins/Badger/TPS rings, I'd switch everything out to the Talley LW's. I honestly can't recommend them enough. 

dobar333 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dobar333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2013 at 07:53
+1 Talleys..i like Leupold 30mm scope because iots very comfortable reliable for me when i hunt the the hunter it give very comfortable hunter and its target is good one reach the goal...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic