OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which Tyranny Shall We Choose?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Tyranny Shall We Choose?
    Posted: December/23/2012 at 10:08

What Sort of Tyranny Will America Choose and How Will It [ Did it ] Happen? 

Visit the Ed Show
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2012 at 11:50
We better hold on for the ride.
And with our federal government borrowing over 4 million dollars every minute of everyday.
This country's problem's are compounding in every second I guess that is what happens when Europe's lead is followed.

No two ways about it we are ALL in trouble. I would like to know how many conservatives did not register/vote over the several years because they had no "time" and/or had better things to do?? ;)
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2012 at 12:24
Yeah....what was it? ....we lost the election by something like 330,000 votes in four states.....?

Too late now....it may as well have been fifty million....
Visit the Ed Show
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2012 at 22:15
A few days ago I watched Mr. William (Bill) Bennet, former Sec of Ed & Director of National Drug Control Policy, under Bush 1, on Fox News.

Mr. Bennet stated that it would take the voters about 1 year to appreciate just how bad the Obama administration was/is.

That will happen only when major fiscal hurt occurs on those infatuated by the specious line of B.S that has been flung at them by the administration and their chronies. Possibly more scandals like Fast and Furious and the Benghazi situation might be opened up beyond the point of denial and avoidance.

There is hope for the mid term elections in 2014 provided the Republicans get their act together and promote conservatism.

A worthy goal would be to get a veto proof majority in both the house & senate.
MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2012 at 22:28
The only thing that's going to wake people up is a complete monetary and fiscal collapse with a sovereign default, de facto or de jure.

And that's just what we're going to get by the time the 2014 elections arrive.

Forget about Mordor on the Potomac. Think about how you're going to help save your State. And if it's not worth saving, now's the time to move.

We've got two years at best.
The older I get, the better I feel about tearing up parking tickets and cheating on my taxes.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2012 at 23:14
Originally posted by MC Escher MC Escher wrote:

The only thing that's going to wake people up is a complete monetary and fiscal collapse with a sovereign default, de facto or de jure.

And that's just what we're going to get by the time the 2014 elections arrive.

Forget about Mordor on the Potomac. Think about how you're going to help save your State. And if it's not worth saving, now's the time to move.

We've got two years at best.

Ya, the ONLY way out of this through this is hitting rock bottom. Our addiction to debt has made the federal government overstep... it's in their nature.

We need quite to feeding the junky and let it run it's course... the sooner the better.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 00:37

Amazing how folks that cannot run a $90 thousand family budget are put in charge of some agencies $7.8 million budget. "Get Washington on the phone and fix this"

Alexis de Tocqueville sure looks like some ascetic intellectual that could provide much insight on todays mess.

I would prefer to head off a disaster rather than to submit to the consequences. We can think of the Jimmy Carter years with 15% plus mortgages, 18% "all savers accounts" then followed by a land slide defeat. Then followed by fundamental cooperation at the hands of Pres. Regan and Speaker O'Neil.

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 00:47
That should be President Reagan.
Donald Regan was the Treasury Secretary then and I don't think he sold many treasury notes or bonds to the Federal Reserve (manipulation?).
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 11:11
On January 29, 2013 and February 2, 2013 certain events will take place - the State of the Union Address and Ground Hog Day.

The first is a periodic ordained event or ritual presented by some individual having no abilities including that of prognostication surrounded by other individuals fearful of their shadows.

The other involves a wood chuck, Punxsutawney Phil.
MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 11:29
Dang, you messed that up. It's supposed to be:

On January 29, 2013 and February 2, 2013 certain events will take place - the State of the Union Address and Ground Hog Day.

========================================================
One is a periodic ordained event or ritual presented by some individual having no abilities including that of prognostication; surrounded by other individuals fearful of their shadows.

The other involves a wood chuck, named Punxsutawney Phil.
========================================================

I sentence you to 20 minutes in the corner without eggnog and 1.5 pieces of Fruitcake.

The older I get, the better I feel about tearing up parking tickets and cheating on my taxes.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 14:27
Yes, but many of those participating in the Tuesday, January 29, 2013 event are Fruitcakes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic