OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Minox ZA-5, Conquest, or ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 08:58
That Conquest is a no brainer IMO.  
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 12:26
A Tikka 7mag, sporting a Zeiss conquest in a set of Talley lightweights. I'm thinking that would be a tough act to follow! 
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 13:20

That's what I'm hoping.
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 13:21
:)

Supposed to be a smiley in that last post. Guess I'm not smart enough to figure out the smilies on here yet. lol.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 17:57
Big SmileBig GrinClownBucky
check out the emotions  just click on the one you like.Lots more by pressing the more... [:}
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 22:16
I clicked on the one that says big grin, but it didn't give me anything.

I clicked on about 12 directly above this text.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 22:48
Try going back to your profile & see if you might have them turned off.If thet doesn't work give SWFA a call & they will give it over to their computer dept.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 23:17
test123456

Big SmileSmileBig GrinBandito
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 23:21
It's because I turned off the wysiwyg editor. 

Most forum software uses bbcode to insert smilies, but it looks like this software actually inserts the image inline in rich text mode.

Back to the original topic, I emailed swfa about which height talleys would be best as well as a couple questions about binos yesterday.  Hopefully they're not too inundated with emails.  I'll be ready to order something by the weekend.
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2012 at 14:01
Anyone have experience mounting the conquest 3-9x40 in talley lows?  I'm thinking that the low mounts would work, and the math on the objective end supports that, but I can't verify that the bolt clears the ocular.  I don't think that will be a problem with the Tikka having a 70* bolt lift, I'm hoping someone here has used this combo.
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2012 at 17:26
I ordered the scope and rings today (As well as some Zen-Ray 8x43 ED binos) and I'll report back once the rifle arrives with my impressions. 

Thanks for the help everyone.
rocket99 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocket99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2012 at 21:25
I have a Minox ZA5 2-10x40 on my Tikka. 308. It is Great set up for Kansas whitetails    
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 11:20
So, the conquest is on backorder, but it had been a closeout so I'm expecting to hear that it's been discontinued and my order cannot be fulfilled (the binos I ordered were backordered as well).  

The delay isn't really a problem since I still haven't been able to place my rifle order, but I guess it means I'm back to the drawing board.  :(
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2012 at 11:29

If the Conquest isn't meant to be I,after reading on alot of forums how similar the Minox is to the Conquest,would go with it.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 01:46
After 2 orders placed and cancelled due to backorders I ended up with a Minox ZA-3 3-9x40 #4 and some 8x43 Hawke Frontier EDs, which both arrived in the last week.  Unfortunately SWFA weren't able to fulfill my order for either piece of optics.  I tried several different options and it wasn't to be.  They were very friendly and helpful.  Unfortunately, for this round, it looks like they'll only get my money for some Talley LWs.  

The Hawkes are every bit of what I expected after reading reviews on here.  I can't wait to get them in the field.  It's a little tough to get a real impression on a scope that's not mounted, but my initial impressions are good.  Tomorrow will be my first opportunity to spend any time with it in the daylight.

Now I just need to get the order placed for the rifle.  Not surprisingly, this task has met me with it's own set of exciting challenges...

lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 01:52
Oh, and to clarify, since I started this thread asking about the ZA-5...

After a lot of careful consideration, I just couldn't bring myself to order a hunting scope with a 5x erector.  I really like the theory, but in reality there are some tradeoffs happening there that I wasn't ready to justify.  3-9 has been working well for far longer than I've been alive, so why mess with success?  

Plus, with the money saved, I got a really spectacular set of binos, rather than just some really nice ones.

Thanks for the help and opinions, everyone.  
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2013 at 10:13
how come you had to "order" your rifle..... no stores local you can get it from?   where are you located?
take em!
catch 22 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catch 22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2013 at 21:44
I think you will be happy with your Minox, I put one on a stainless Ruger Number 1 .270 and it has been great.
Got Ammo?
lackskill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2013 at 14:16
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

how come you had to "order" your rifle..... no stores local you can get it from?   where are you located?

Technically I am getting it from a local store, but they have to order it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic