OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

nra

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nra
    Posted: December/21/2012 at 12:33
Thoughts on the press conference??

MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 13:27
Not blunt enough.

He should have flat out said that Gun Control advocates have the blood of the Sandy Hook victims on their hands.

In those words.
The older I get, the better I feel about tearing up parking tickets and cheating on my taxes.
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 13:36
Kudos to the NRA for taking the lead in a common sense plan to protect our children! The only thing that can work is for those bent on mayhem to be met with armed resistance. LIKE if you agree with Reagan when he said, “We must reject the idea that every time a laws broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 13:52
I read a transcript of the NRA press conference on the NRA web site.

LaPierre's logic is completely on track:

He adequately explains why the NRA did not immediately issue some response to the event.

He used the term "evil monster(s)".

The need for armed security at each school was explained.

The decision to make the decision to deploy armed security at each school should rest with local parents not some politically controlled school board.

Introducing and making available the very qualified Asa Hutchington to provide direction and guidance to a NRA effort to promote school security.

LaPierre compared the current state of security or protection of our school children with that of banks and congress where the children are unprotected and the banks and congress are protected by arms.

LaPierre pointed to an appalling ignorance of guns by those who who would ban and restrict them.

On FOX News I saw very little coverage of the event. I did see protestors display a large red anti NRA sign infront of LaPierre. If security screened attendees to the event using press credentials, how did the protestors get in? Possibly the protestors did have press credentials thus making them part of a biased anti gun media.

I have emailed my congress lady and am increasing my contributions to the NRA of which I am a life member. 

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 13:56
If the antis aren't careful they might see the membership of the NRA double in the next few months.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 14:05
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

If the antis aren't careful they might see the membership of the NRA double in the next few months.
I'd love to see that.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 14:05
This will actually be a win for us conservatives. If anything this entire mess will strengthen our resolve in the fight to keep our right to bear arms. I am absolutely willing to die to protect that right for the sake of my wife and child. And while a lot of folks talk big, i'm willing to bet there are millions who would join my stance.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 14:06
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

I'd love to see that.

I think you will. Maybe not double, but that membership # will surely go way up.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2012 at 14:15
The quickest fix immediately is armed guards.  Let's see Obama reject that tonight. 
Visit the Ed Show
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 20:44
 Hillary Clinton  was expected to testify before Congress on Thursday Dec 20 at hearings on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

While it has been reported that she was dehydrated, it is much more likely that she fainted because she was so shocked that an armed band of evil men could not be talked out of violence with words alone, thereby preventing the violent death of the U.S. Ambasador to Libya and those with him. 
She was  in denial regarding the immediate need to use armed troops against this armed threat she could have deployed U.S. Marines and armed air support to evacuate our Ambasador to safety.   EPIC FAIL

The only way to stop a bad man with a gun is to send a good man with a gun.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 20:57
Personally, I think they should have called for the repeal of gun free zones as well.
Allowing staff and parents with CHLs to carry (by choice, not mandated) would at least provide them with a  fighting chance.

A determined bad guy would simply pick off the guard and then proceed forward.
Would it deter ? YES!

But by allowing CHL holders the right to carry it would provide additional resources and like I said, give them a fighting chance.

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 21:22
designated armed guard = active shooter target #1
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 22:17
Not to mention the cost, on a system that is already strapped. I have no idea how to fight this... Hell we can't even agree that we must decrease spending money that we don't have. It is going to lead to a larger and LARGER rift in this country. I hope common since breaks out soon...But that seems to have disappeared awhile ago.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 22:57
I'ts quite simple Billy,the Demos will just print more paper Shocked
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2012 at 14:46

Common sense went out with TVs that had tubes in them.....

Visit the Ed Show
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2012 at 15:20
12AX7 or AT7?
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2012 at 16:23
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

12AX7 or AT7?

6SL7

What? You think you're the Alpha Nerd around here?  Big Grin
The older I get, the better I feel about tearing up parking tickets and cheating on my taxes.
Stevey Ducks View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevey Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2012 at 16:46
Dereliction of Duty = Epic Failure

For some of us that would result in certain punishment
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2012 at 11:00
If you take into account what a school system (taxpayer) spends on fire protection both when a school is built, and annually; then the cost of an armed security guard OR annuall training for a school employee (teacher, princple, secretary, or other employee) to be trained to carry and use a firearm is not that much.
School fire safety has been around for a long time, and there hasn't been a life lost in a school fire in 50 years. Safety from violence is relatively new, and it's going to take some work to get it right. It will need to be a layered approach like fire protection with barriers, drills, and an armed response. You must reduce the risk of violence by reducing the chance that a violent act will be successful. Banning something from the citizens is not an answer.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
MC Escher View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Escher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2012 at 12:54
Hey, there's PLENTY of money available in the useless Dept of Ed's budget. $105 Billion in fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic