OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Winchester model 88 & Burris Fullfield II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meathunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winchester model 88 & Burris Fullfield II
    Posted: April/04/2006 at 19:14
I just bought a Burris Fullfielfd II 3x9x40 with Ballistic PLex Reticle to mount on my Winchester Model 88 (.308). I was looking at the Burris website and noted, belatedly, that they don't make a base and ring for this model rifle. Will I have a hard time mounting this scope to my rifle with my exisitng rings. I have a Tasco world class scope on it now. Shot alot of animals with it, but it is hard to get quickly on to the target, hope to rectify that with the Burris. Time for a better scope anyway.
Ring Master View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Master of the Rings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ring Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2006 at 11:10

The M88 Winchester is quite easy to do. It takes two of a Warne # M902 base..... OR ....if you want another brand. it's two of any body's front base for a Remington 700, Winchester M70 or the same base set used on a Savage rifle with the Accu-Trigger.

Edited by Ring Master
Ron
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic