OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Flip up or Bikini?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip up or Bikini?
    Posted: December/17/2012 at 09:04
Take a look at the Tenebraex flip up covers,probably the best out there.You can see what they look like on any Premier LT or Heritage scope.They are pricey but worth every cent.I have them on 2 scopes & don't believe I will ever wear them out.......
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2012 at 10:25
Interesting concept... flip up bikini...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Laserrs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laserrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2012 at 10:04
I guess I'll order an extra Zeiss cover like the one that came with it. One for shade that will be stretched and one for without. Thanks guys.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2012 at 16:54
neoprene covers, once you get to 50mm the flip up system is not as strong as it should be and they tend to break when bumped.  Leupold maked some flip ups not sure if the threading is same or not so you might call and ask SWFA.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2012 at 15:42
I think the stock scope covers might work,  but don't leave them on to long or they will take shape of the longer glass. My mistake Loco 

"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2012 at 19:48
I've seen some cut with elastic added to fit, I've also seen them cut and taped to each end respectively and the pulled up and rest on top the scope when in use.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Laserrs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laserrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2012 at 18:12
Nothing?
Laserrs View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laserrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2012 at 10:00
I have a Zeis 4.5-14x50 and just ordered the sunshade. I assume the cover that came with the scope won't fit once I mount the shade. It would appar the Butler Creek isn't what they used to be. Is there another make that I should consider or just find a new bikini that fits the shade?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic