OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex scope set a 20m parralax??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Hoppalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex scope set a 20m parralax??
    Posted: December/06/2012 at 02:43
I bought a second hand vortex diamondback scope, the parralax appears to be set at around 20yards. if I crank the 4-12x40 up past 9x magnification everything becomes blurred except that which is around 20yards away. Is it possible it was manufactued incorrectly of more likely someone had it set at 20yards? seems odd. I live in New Zealand, what is my best option to get it reset at 100yards?
"I don't know what World War III will be fought with, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 09:37
Give Vortex a call,most all their optics comes with a life time warrenty.They have great CS & maybe Scott will see this post & jump in & will let you know  how to go about correcting the situation!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Scott_at_Vortex View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott_at_Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:17
It is very possible that someone adjusted the parallax on there own to use for air rifle or even rimfire maybe.  They would do this by adjusting the objective lens.

Since you are in NZ, it will be a little tricky, but give our CS dept a call and we will get you taken care of.

800-426-0048

Best Regards
Scott
www.vortextactical.com

www.vortexoptics.com
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:24
Since you are in New Zealand I would email them. This is the email address for the USA and they do not list one for New Zealand.

info@vortexoptics.com

This is their website.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 16:19
Not the original owner, all the way in NZ, and Scott from Vortex personally replies that they will take care of it.  I think that is the very definition of "world class" customer service right there!! ExcellentExcellent
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 16:35
Nice way to jump in Scott. That is what good CS is. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 19:54

I agree, good support Vortex (Scott).

Gerry Atric
Sir Hoppalot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Hoppalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2012 at 04:20
If I manage to get the parralax adjusted, what should I set it at? I have it mounted on my 17HMR which I use to shoot between 10-150yards. If I set it to 50yards would I get good focus at 150? I guess my question is what would the minimum parralax distance be to still get clear focus at 150yards (at 12x magnification!)?

Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40.
"I don't know what World War III will be fought with, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Hoppalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2012 at 04:23
Thanks for those replies. Thunbs Up
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Hoppalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2012 at 04:37
I've email them with that last question. Cheers guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic