OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Some GAP Sticks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some GAP Sticks
    Posted: March/31/2006 at 22:38

I refinished these for some GAP customers. They turned out pretty cool looking. So I'd thought I'd share them with you all.

This one is Rhodesian Camo (it was replicated from a customer supplied photo.)

I did this one for George himself for a SH shoot. It was such a popular color combo we gave it its own name "Crusader Camo" after the rifle it was put on

This is a replication of the original Gap Camo pattern. Its has changed a little since McMillian has began to mold in this pattern so I had to pull a photo out of the archives to remember how it was layed.

This is my favorite, its a Precision AR in .308 refinished in a custom mix coyote brown.

Joe Larson
L.T.M Refinishing
www.larsontactical.com

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 00:38
Outstanding work, Joe!!
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 08:20

Man,

I have seen many of the weapon patterns you do that are Awesome. That "Crusader Camo" is it.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2006 at 11:09

For ya'll that aren't up on the lingo and are wandering what a GAP is or who George is????

GAP is an acronym for G.A. Precision which makes professional custom rifles and equiptment owned by George Gardner and established in 1999.

http://www.gaprecision.com/

Check 'em out if you haven't already.

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2006 at 21:07

Uh hide your credit card from yourself before you look at George's work.  Some great rifles, and yes even though they have a kick ass paint jobs done by Joe, they shoot & function better than they look.

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2006 at 21:33
Originally posted by Mithran Mithran wrote:

Uh hide your credit card from yourself before you look at George's work.  Some great rifles, and yes even though they have a kick ass paint jobs done by Joe, they shoot & function better than they look.

Brother, who are you telling. I'm in there once or twice a week. I leave all C/C's and my check book, & wallet, (everything but my DL & insurance card) at the house before I go.

He took my stock 300 WM PSS and made it shoot like a laser. His work and rifles are very addicitive.

If you havent seen that new R7000 action of his, stay away from them. If you see one somewhere walk away as fast as possible. God as my witness, if you touch one or work the action you will be hooked.

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2006 at 23:51
I'm a lefty Joe, but I've seen those R7000's, beautiful.  I can't wait.  I just got a new job but I took and baseball sized hole out of my engine block.  Have to save up for a new car or I'd have a .338LM on order from George yesturday.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2006 at 15:40
Originally posted by Mithran Mithran wrote:

Uh hide your credit card from yourself before you look at George's work.

Man, that's the truth!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic