OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold
    Posted: December/03/2012 at 11:13
How has Leupold custer service been as of late? I need to send a ranger finder & some binos in for some work. btw sorry if this right right spot for this thread
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 11:37
Haven't heard of any problems, though I'm sure this is a pretty busy time with hunting season winding down, people will be sending in their most recent misfortunes.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 11:48
If you call your wait will be a little long but they will get to you and I'm sure take care of you.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 12:22
Thunbs Up alright thought so, I'm no big rush to get any of it sent off. I've got about 9 months until I really need them again. Thanks
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 12:27
Now's the time, don't wait until 8.5 months from now
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 15:38
Shocked Oh yeah are you saying its going to take me 8 months to get them back?

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 15:53
A few years ago, I scratched the lenses of some 8X32 GR bins during an antelope stalk.  I sent them in.  Leupold required me to pay a reasonable fee due to the damage being my own carelessness, but the binoculars returned fully repaired in something like three weeks total time.

I doubt it will be 8 months.
-Matt
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 16:08
Call them and explain the problem.  If it is complicated and will require a wait, they will say so.  Simple maintenance, cleaning, and adjustment is almost never a problem.  Send the in now to avoid gremlins later.  If something goes wrong you will have some lead time.  I doubt you will wait over 2-3 weeks for nearly anything.  As far as I know Leupold still has the same stellar service.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2012 at 16:12
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

I doubt it will be 8 months.

Several years ago I sent in my wife's brand new Katmai 6x32 because it was out of collimation.

Within 10 days they shipped us another brand new one.

Excellent customer service.Thunbs Up

Stan
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2012 at 00:40
Well the binos eye pieces fell off & the range finder will turn on but wont take a reading on anything (yes I've put a new batteries in it) I'm ready throw them away and start over. Loco I'll send them a email and find out if they can give a guess of a time frame.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 11:36
Email Leupold like 3 days ago still no reply back try it again I guess

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 11:55
I"d just call man.  Who knows if your email will get kicked to a spam filter or what.  A call will get you a live person and they can give you better info. Just jot the name of whoever you talk to down along with a date and time.  You can reference that if you ever have an issue.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:05
Good idea just dont have a land line phone here where I live and my cell dont any service it really sucks most have to drive 5 miles down the road just to make two min phone call WhackoWhacko

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:15
Get Skype or some other IP based phone service.  I use google voice with a Obihai VoIP telephone adapter and we have free land line phone service over our internet line.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 12:35
I had a couple CDS dials done up they told me within a week. They were on my doorstep in two days I find some of company's like Leupold and Swaro will out perform what they initially state.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 13:49
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Get Skype or some other IP based phone service.  I use google voice with a Obihai VoIP telephone adapter and we have free land line phone service over our internet line.  
No I dont know Say What But I do need to make trip into town later so I'll try then I think

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 14:03
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

Shocked Oh yeah are you saying its going to take me 8 months to get them back?

No but many wait until the last minute to do things and then complain about why it takes too long, lol.

Leupold gets pretty busy the months leading into deer season which can cause delays.

Edited by mike650 - December/06/2012 at 14:09
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2012 at 14:05
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Thunbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic