OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Shotgun/rifle scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shotgun/rifle scopes
    Posted: March/30/2006 at 11:53
Good morning,

If i use a shotgun scope like Leupold VXl 1-4x20 or the Burris Fullfield 1.75-5x20 or a Bushnell Trophy, on a 30.06 rifle, is it possible the occurrence of damages on them because the recoil?

Thank you
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2006 at 20:19

It looks like no one wants to get into the parallax thing again.

Javali- no recoil is not a problem but the "don't say the above word" do a search or see the index. The unsaid word  in the shotgun scopes will be set for a closer distance, usually 50-75 yards, while rifle scopes are set further out.

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2006 at 05:43
Thank you for the reply.

In fact i want one of this rifle scopes to pratice a kind of hunting with the name of ''montaria''. The shooting distance is short, less than 100 yards. So i think that '' the unnamed probleme'' do not existe.
In this kind of hunting, we need a fast acquisition of the target and a great field of view, because the animals are in movement, most of the time they are running.

Best regards
jednoralski View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jednoralski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2006 at 14:30
Javali why not Holosight XLP, for this kind of  hunting should be perfect.
jednoralski
Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 08:36
Thank you jednoralski.

Usualy i use for this kind of hunting a Benelli Argo 9.3x62 with a Aimpoint 7000 SC.
I have also for this gun a Zeiss 6x42 with rail.

I have  a Zastava M70, 30.06 that i use for the boar night hunting.

The rifle scope was for this gun and to have a diferent equipment of the Benelli.

Few days a go i bought a Kettner (Docter) 3-12x56 riflescope to use on this Zastava.
I used a Simmons.

Regards

SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 09:44
is the doctor better than the simmons?
Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 13:03
Sako 75

Docter  are one of the best brands of european rifle scopes.

The prices are a little less than Zeiss, S&B,  Kahles or others of the same quality level.

The value of a 3-12x56 with iluminated recticles is about 1150 Euros.

They are made by Docter in German, with german optics. The ancient brand was Zeiss Jena.

Regards

Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 16:13

Originally posted by Javali Javali wrote:

Thank you jednoralski.

Usualy i use for this kind of hunting a Benelli Argo 9.3x62 with a Aimpoint 7000 SC.
I have also for this gun a Zeiss 6x42 with rail.

I have  a Zastava M70, 30.06 that i use for the boar night hunting.

The rifle scope was for this gun and to have a diferent equipment of the Benelli.

Few days a go i bought a Kettner (Docter) 3-12x56 riflescope to use on this Zastava.
I used a Simmons.

Regards

I see that we have very similar taste in rifles and optics -maybe that is because we are on the same side of the pond.

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2006 at 16:39
Perhaps is not only the taste.
If i have more money certainly the equipment will be different.

Regards

Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 00:19

Are you satisfied with that benelli in 9,3x62? Are there any problems with jamming?

Have you bought your Zastava recently?-their quality dropped after mid 1990-s.

And yes-what mounts did you use to mount scopes?

Cheers

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 09:42
Hello Bender

The Benelli ARGO is a nice and good semi automatic rifle.

I bought the Zastava (new) 3 years a go. I do not had any probleme with this rifle.
It is a very solid gun.The finishing is not very good but for the price is not so bad.
Two of my friends have the same rifle and they are satisfied also.

On Benelli i have the Kilic Mak mounts and on the Zastava i have Apel.
Both are expansive but very good mounts.

Regards
Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 11:38

Originally posted by Javali Javali wrote:

On Benelli i have the Kilic Mak mounts and on the Zastava i have Apel.
Both are expansive but very good mounts.

I also have EAW on my Zastava - nice but expensive,  I'll try Leupold QRW on my newly purchased remington semiauto.

Cheers

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 13:59
You must associate at the Great ARGO Club

What is the price of the Zastava M70 in Croatia?

Regards
Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 16:51

My friend bought Argo in 300WinMag but sold it with no obvious explanation-I realy like it but I would rather buy Browning BAR-just for the peace of mind.

Price of new Zastava here is about 750Eur. Personally, I wouldn't buy it anymore when I compare it to the old export ones-Interarms Markx(which I own)-finish and quality have significally gone down. What's the price in Portugal?

And yes - how big are boars in Portugal

Cheers

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 17:25
I bought the Zastava (new) through a importer friend for +/- 400 Euros.
There are any dealer of this brand in Portugal.
Kettner sells here a rifle named Luger that is a Zastava and i think that the price is about 700 Euros.
I read somewhere that Remington have the 798 that is a Zastava also but with some modifications.

Well, portuguese and spanish wild boars (javalis) are the same especie.
A male with 100 or 120 kg is a good one.

Interarms Markx is a brand? they have any site?

regards
Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2006 at 23:58

400 Euros-that's a very good price . I saw that "Remington" on their website-they have nicer stocks than original zastava. Mark X is Zastava which Interarms sold in America-they had better finish,stocks,barrels,and most important-triggers than rifles sold on domestic market(former Yugoslavia). It says Manchester England Interarms Alexandria Virginia on the action but there is also zastava's logo, I'll try to post a pic.

Those are european boars or ...??

Cheers

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2006 at 05:41
Thank you Bender for the information.

Of course they are european boars. I think that this especie is comum in Portugal, Spain and France.
They are smaller than in center Europe but very strong.

Regards

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2006 at 16:09
SAKO 75

You can see Docter rifles scopes here:

www.docteropticsusa.com
www.docter-germany.com

Regards
Bender View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2006 at 17:38

Docter makes nice optics but the price is too close to Swaro or Zeiss. You said you bought Kettner riflescope-is it exactly same as Docter?They are 100Eur cheaper than Docter and they look same from the outside in the catalogue,but I never looked through Kettner. If they are same-it is a good buy- it would be stupid to pay more for the logo.

Cheers

Javali View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2006 at 18:21
Hello

Before i buy the Kettner i wrote to Docter services to know if the rifle scopes are the same.
They told me that they have some diferences. They give two exemples:
The compensation(?) and the field of view are not the same.
After this i bought the Kettner for 850 Euros (new).

I saw through both  scopes and they have the same (and excelent) luminosity.
In fact the Kettner is a Docter.

The diference is the logo.

Perhaps next week i go to experiment it on the field. If so i give a opinion.

Regards

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic