OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 on a savage model 99c
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 on a savage model 99c

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 on a savage model 99c
    Posted: November/28/2012 at 05:38
Hi guys, I just got my first gun a present from my grand father. he gave me his old savage model 99c chambered in 308 scoped with a tasco 1.75-5x20 tv screen. I would like to change the scope, i came across the bushnell elite 4200 3-9x40 what do you guys think? how do you think it will look like on a sweet old model 99?
thanks 
tj hunter
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 07:56
That would be a decent scope for sure.  What is your price range? Maybe we can give you some options within your price range that may be better than the elite.  Also what are you inteded uses for this gun?  Hunting only?  What distances and environment do you mainly hunt in?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 08:33
The 4200 Elite is a very decent scope and would likely serve you well. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 10:03
I agree with my friends above, the 4200 is well respected optic.  My personal preference on a lever gun is not to exceed 32mm on the objective lens, but again this is a personal preference aimed directly toward aesthetics.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
tjhunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 10:34
my price range wont go beyond 400 bucks. i live in Mauritius island and here we normally hunt rusa  deer i don't know if you heard that before and feral hogs. our shooting distances can vary from 25 meters up to 400 meters in some cases. but the average distance is about 100 meters. :)

tj hunter
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 10:59
I think the Elite 4200 is a great optic, and would serve you admirably
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2012 at 11:49
welcome to the OT!

+3 for the Elite
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic