OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leuplod VX2-2 help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozarksteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leuplod VX2-2 help needed
    Posted: November/24/2012 at 18:26
I just bought this scope(Leupold VX-2 9-3x40) to put on my Gamo Stalker Whisper Rifle .22 I was able to set the elevation on it fairly quicky today.

The windage adjustment and dialing in went not so good.

My windage is maxed out to the right and when I shoot at center of target, my shot it still hiting to the left by quite a bit.

How do I go about fixing this......I was sighing in at around 20-25 yards.

Thanks in advance.
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2012 at 21:42
I had a similar experience with my Winchester 9422 Magnum when mounting a 6 x 42mm Leupold M8 in vertically split Warne rimfire rings.  I believe your Gamo Stalker has a grooved receiver similar to the 9422.  At the suggestion of a gunsmith I rotated the rings 180 degrees on the receiver and reinstalled the scope.  This solved the problem.  When he suggested this I thought he was just kidding but it actually worked.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Ozarksteve View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozarksteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2012 at 21:52
My scope rings are mounted on a 3/8 dove tail rail.....so I should just flip the rings ?
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2012 at 23:53
Yes, this worked on my 9422M.  It's worth a try.  What brand rings are you using?  There could be quality control or out of spec issues.  There is a lot of junk out there and even the quality brand names have periodic QC issues.  If it does not work hopefully another member with more technical savvy that I have will respond or Gamo customer service will have a suggestion.  The ring groove cuts on the receiver could also be out of spec.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozarksteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2012 at 10:07
I am/was using some cheap wallyworld rings....I just ordered some UTG weaver rings....these cheap rings are not holding secure either.
The scope is creeping back due to the recoil.

Are there any rear adjustable rings out there?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2012 at 10:46
Do you have a stop mounted behind the rear ring? If not, I would suggest one. Spring guns are notorious for scopes slipping on the rails.
Doug
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozarksteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2012 at 11:47
Its a gas ram rifle....not sure if those are better at dealing with scope creep.
There is a small set screw on the rear end of the dovetail. I ordered a weaver rail and some decent rings that should fix that problem.

Im still stumped why my windage is maxed but still shooting left of POI.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic