OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvlbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New scope
    Posted: November/18/2012 at 21:11
I,m looking for some information on the best scope for my 7mm RUM from these two scopes; Meopta 3x12x50 Artemis or Vortex 4x16x50 PST. I can get a good deal on either of these scopes, but I have not had very much dealing with either of them. The gun & scope will be used for Elk, mule deer and some longe range whitetail hunts. Is there anyone that can share what the pro's & con's on these scope and which one would be better fit. Thanks       
MeoptaSurujh View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeoptaSurujh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2012 at 03:11
Are you considering the Artemis 2000 or the 2100 3-12x50 with illumination?  Both are first focal plane, steel bodies scopes. Very durable and outstanding performance in low-light situations.
Yes I work for Meopta, but I am not here to sell Meopta. Just answering questions and providing reasonable insight.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2012 at 10:41
IMO I'd go with the Vortex great scope for the money the glass is really good also. Dont know much about Meopta so cant say anything about them. 
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
mvlbe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvlbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2012 at 18:41
The 2000 4x12x50. The Vortex 4x16 razor as well.
coldhunt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2012 at 23:13
SFP for hunting,, period,, for any long range work, which is what you gun is designed for. Sfp is great to many but I don't like em when you dial out the magnification.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic