OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mueller scope help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpryorx2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mueller scope help
    Posted: November/18/2012 at 18:35
hey guys i've had a mueller  3-10-44 sport dot for about 4 years now have loved it  so much so that i just bought another of the same scope for my daughter 2 weeks ago but now al the sudden i have a big problem i zeroed mine out last wednesday opening day was thursday saterday evening i was in a bad shoot posistion and got the scope to me nose hard. today out walk the buck of a lifetime at 130 yards took the shot and missed completly went back to the range and it was hitting about 5 inches low tried to adjust it up and it jumped to high right got the elivation back down to zero then tried to adjust it back to the left when i did that it went to center but jumped 2 inches high again? what is going on could it hitting my nose really screw it up this bad i hunt for food and need my gun to hit where i'm aiming i the gun is still grouping 3 shots in 1 inch alot of time with the holes touching so i know it's not the gun. my wife works within a mile of there "warrenty center" so i hate to have to go to the post office and pay for shipping and insurance for the mailman to walk 20 feet to put it in there box. also does anyone know what there turn around is? i'm sure they won't let me take it in person to them. any help would be great i won't be on much tonight but will be tomorrow evening
thanks
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2012 at 21:48
Welcome to the OT! have you checked to see if a base or ring may be loose or damaged? I would check that first, before sending the scope for repairs. I have had that same scope for about 3 years now, and for the money, I have been very satisfied with it.
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
jpryorx2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpryorx2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2012 at 20:32
nothing loose it seems to me that the cross hairs are sticking together and after shooting it again and having it in the truck maybe it came loose which threw it off from where i was shooting. like i said i do not have a bad word to say about this scope i've killed close to 100 deer with no problems untill right now.  my family basically live off venison so i'm in a really bad spot right now i need this gun back to shooting right (it does not have iron sights) i was gonna call mueller today but there hours are only untill 3. if i had the cash i would just go by another one then deal with this one later but the simple truth is i just don't have it

thanks
jpryorx2 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpryorx2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2012 at 13:52
well guys once again i am impressed with mueller. my wife got ahold of them on monday and was told he could meet her that day to swap it out. she didn't have it with her so she took it today and he met her almost in her work parking lot with a new one.to me that is standing behine your product. as of right now i have 2 of there scopes and will surely be buying more in the future. now any advice on how tight to tighten the screws and do i use loctight on them last time it was installed at the store i bought it from

thanks
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2012 at 14:34
What kind of rings and bases are you using? and what is the rifle/ caliber? Now would be a good time to pull rings, bases and all off and give them a good check up and cleaning and then you will also know exactly how they were mounted, therefore providing peace of mind. Most rings and bases call for about 15 inch pounds, and I use a dab of nail polish on bases and nothing on rings. We can better help you if we know exactly what we are working with. 
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic