OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

MARCH SCOPE 80X what the what.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MARCH SCOPE 80X what the what.
    Posted: November/12/2012 at 16:23
No one
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 17:33
Wow, that's at 1,000 yards.

Environmental conditions must be perfect!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 05:50
Guys... I don't get to see YouTube... what are we talking about here???
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 07:59
At 1000yrds roughly a 10x sight picture at 80yrds disgusting... The scope has a clearer sight picture than most at 20x.  It is very generous for eye relief the sight box is huge he is filming with his I phone and it nearly looks like he has a perfect view.

That and the gun is setup in some sort of recoil assist system, he his nearly pulling off double taps with a bolt action rifle, maybe a little exaggeration but he is doing some nice string work 1 shot every 1.5-2 seconds and his groups are tight for the distance and speed.

I roughly shoot even in a good rhythm at that distance at 4-5 seconds when I'm ringing steel and 8-10 seconds when I'm doing breathing exercises and trying to place.
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 08:31
Oh... well, I've wanted a March since I first saw one.  Now I'll have to relook... I could put March on the 338, move the Hensoldt to the 7mmSTW... this could go on and on...

You're a mean person... you should have just said, "wait til you can see it"...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 09:17

It's not that impressive it was like being on mars and watching the rover come in.

Or maybe like watching a guided drone turn a street corner at 800mph again nothing that impressive to see.
Or maybe like watching your phalanx system tear apart plastic rubber drone missles, again not that impressive.

He simple has a system that is capable of precision and speed. Not that portable or concealable  but surely accurate and precise and the telescope he uses seems to have very generous eye relief and didn't seem that positional.
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 10:22
That's cold...

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 11:17
Your wife could buy you a MarchWink
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 11:34
she might...  However, I "scoped out" a USOptics (get it... scoped out a USOptics....)SN-3 3.2-17x58 illuminated RDMOA w/EREK that I REALLY like.   March may turn out to be one of those that I want, but never really drum up a real need for.  I'm thinking about it...  Maybe I'll just let her pick...  she has exceptional taste...

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 11:35
I seem to vaguely recall she bought you one before but can't think of what it was......Bucky
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 12:04
Dan... I've concluded my wife needs to have a long conversation with your wife!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 13:58
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Dan... I've concluded my wife needs to have a long conversation with your wife!

That might turn out well for you.  Or not too well for Dan...

ILya
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 14:28
True...but there's only upside potential for me.  Sorry, Dan!  Haha!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 14:34
No chance for me.

It doesn't matter who she talks to I am done.

I can sell and can only replace with nothing greater than a few hundred no matter how many items I do not replace.
No one
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 14:56
I tell ya... when I saw the March X scopes at the SHOT Show a couple years ago, I got a serious hankerin' and gave serious thought to buying one just because!  They are very nice!  I very nearly broke down and bought the one Koshkin had from him, but I couldn't justify spending the money when I didn't currently have an appropriate rifle lacking a scope.
Ted

Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 15:31
You mean you don't have a spare 20mm 40mm or 120mm laying around?

Why?
No one
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 15:35
I ask myself the same question!
Ted

Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 15:53
I think Dan might be adding the BIG BROTHER soon.

http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

for those who like 1 off guns.

http://www.anzioironworks.com/20MM-TAKE-DOWN-RIFLE.htm

get some...

The rest is just details...
No one
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2012 at 14:22
IMHO, USO's are a lot like Night Force, You buy them for the robust design, not necessarily for the glass. USO has some very desirable features, but the cost is pretty steep as well. The March scopes seem to be very well thought out, but not really in my price range. 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic