OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron 16 and 20x42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossedCannons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron 16 and 20x42
    Posted: November/10/2012 at 00:01
Hello, new guy here.

I have been looking at taking advantage of the closeout deals on swfa for the fixed power sightron scopes in 16 and 20 power. I own (2) 16x42 Super Snipers and have been very happy with them and have owned a couple of 10x42 and a 20x42 Super Sniper.

My Question is, looking at the Sightron and the Super Sniper, there is an obvious resemblance, however I have a Sightron SIII 8-32x56 and it is a very clear scope, So I was wondering if the glass on the 20x42 SIII was clearer than the SS20x42?

The SS20x42 I owned in the past was not as clear as the SS16x42.

Bottom line, is it worth the extra coin to go with the Sightron?
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2012 at 10:05
Here is a link to a review that might help you. But it is on the SS10x and the Sightron S3 10x.

http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68:10x42-riflescopes&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4
CrossedCannons View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossedCannons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2012 at 10:24
Kind of disappointed after reading that. I love my 8-32 SIII and was hoping the Fixed power Sightrons would live up to that standard, bummer.
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2012 at 21:11
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

Here is a link to a review that might help you. But it is on the SS10x and the Sightron S3 10x.

http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68:10x42-riflescopes&catid=4:rifle-scope-reviews&Itemid=4
Can't download that review. What is the gist of it? I just bought a 20X SIII; am generally pleased with the scope, but glass doesn't seem to be quite as good as my Big Sky (?!) and the rear parallax adjusting ring is rather stiff.
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2012 at 21:31
OK, I found the review.  Wish I'd seen it sooner, but no huge regrets considering the far-worse $400 scopes out there; glad I didn't pay MSRP.
CrossedCannons View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossedCannons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2012 at 17:48
Highlight and Right click the link and press open link in new tab. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic