OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Redfield Revenge Vs Nikon Prostaff?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redfield Revenge Vs Nikon Prostaff?
    Posted: November/05/2012 at 15:21
Given these two choices what would you pick?  I know they are not the best but all the dad can afford.

Standard 3x9 scopes for a young boy's first rifle a 308 Win
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 15:33

I'd honestly say neither.   For just a few $$$ more , the Vortex Diamondback would get my money,  Lifetime transferable no BS warranty and good glass to boot.   I've used them and just got my budget constrainted 1st cousin set up with one on his lever 30-30. 

Vortex Diamondback Rifle Scopes

Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope V-Plex Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope
Stock # - DBKM01P
  • Matte
  • V-Plex
  • 1"
$189.95 
Add Vortex 3-9x40 Diamondback Rifle Scope to Cart
More Details »

Optional Accessories:
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 17:17
If I was getting a Leupold I would spend the extra for the new VX2.It's the lowest in the line-up that I would consider.
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 18:48
+1 for the Vortex Diamondback
Old Mil ftw
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 18:54
If you can find another $10 for the Vortex it is a way better scope than the other two you asked about. But between them I would go with the Redfield. You also might look at the Sightron closeout sale here. I believe it is the first one on the riflescope page.

Here is a link to some very good reading on an inexpensive scope comparison.

http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php/rifle-scopes/4-rifle-scope-reviews/29-qinexpensive-scopeq-comparison
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 19:17
Accually the more I thought about it I would look at one of the SI 3-9s such as this one for $80. It was $138. This would give you some extra money for some accessories such as lens covers and or better rings.

http://swfa.com/Sightron-3-9x40-SI-Riflescope-P9199.aspx

Or this one and I would look at the reviews especially the one by Urimaginaryfrnd.

http://swfa.com/Sightron-3-9x40-SI-Riflescope-P9201.aspx
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2012 at 16:56
I would suggest the Burris FFII
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2012 at 17:18
I would look real real hard at the Sightron Closeouts.

http://info.sightron.com/promo_2012.php

http://swfa.com/Sightron-Closeouts-C4847.aspx

Pretty darn hard to beat if not impossible at the price point.
No one
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2012 at 18:59
do not get a prostaff...scope turns white at dusk when i went to aim...it was like trying to shoot through a cloud....another friend of mine who owned a prostaff said the same thing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic