OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles model????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles model????
    Posted: November/03/2012 at 12:48
I just purchased a Kahles 2-7X36 Made in Austria.I got it in perfect shape but no box or papers.Is there any way to determine which model(,AH,CL,KX,rimfire) it is? There are no designations other than Kahles,2-7X36,Made in Austria,and the serial number 502***L.

Thanks
Randy
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 14:43
I'm pretty sure it's not a KX as that was a later designation that showed up after the 2-7 was discontinued...I think. Stare  My guess would be CL. Reckon I'd just contact Kahles to be sure. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 15:18
Yes,that was my next move but I assume no one will be there untill mon since I'm not getting an answer.I was sort of wanting to get this one mounted this weekend.I won't use it on my centerfires though if it happens to be the rimfire version.

I'm hoping it is the CL.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 16:23
Can you post a picture of this?  need the body and the turrets if possible.

Tube 30mm or 1" this will tell a lot alone.

Shooting from the hip 1" AH American Hunter line if, or possible CL line.

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - November/03/2012 at 16:28
No one
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 16:59
Here you go if it helps. 1" tube.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 17:11
I am thinking 90% American hunter but I have never seen their rimfire.

If I had to wager AH.
No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 17:46
What reticle?

No one
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 17:57
I bought it for a 4a.Doesn't look much different than a duplex though it is thicker than a Leupold duplex at the outer crosshairs.

I gave $450 for it so I guess it's fine.It seems in perfect shape.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 18:07
Well it is either an AH or Rimfire. The only difference, IIRC, is the parallax is set at 50 on the rimfire. Test it for parallax at 50, and you should know which one.
-Matt
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 18:15
Nice scope
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2012 at 00:49
I have both. On the CL the magnification scale is 2-7 and the top is marked 2-7x36 CL. The CL measures 1.690" on the body of the ocular, The ocular measures 1.545" in diameter on the AH. It only has 2-7x36 printed on it. The magnification scale starts at 2.3 - 7. The Rimfire version has Rimfire printed on it. Rifledude has a rimfire model and can verify if the mag. scale starts at 2.3 or 2. I will bet that it is 2.3. I hope this helps with your identification. I was lucky and both of mine came in under $400 each. There is not another scope you can buy to match either for the money. To get anything to match similar in quality will be close to a grand. You did good on your purchase. The only regrets you may ever have, is if you sell it.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2012 at 04:33
I have several CLs in the 2-7x36 and they have CLmarked on top of the eyepiece.  You have an AH or rimfire model.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2012 at 12:23
My daughter has the CL version of the 2-7x36 with multi-zero, it's related to 3_tens' CL 2-7x36.  Wink
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 17:21
I spoke to the rep today.He told me the only way to tell was to check the parallex. He also said the glass was the same across the models.I have read differently on line but that's what the rep claimed.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 17:52
I would venture to say this is a CL model.   Big Smile

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
R H Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 20:58
To clarify,he did say didn't know about the CL and was refering to the difference between the rimfire and AH.He did however say there was no difference in the optics but I figure he might be like the Leupold reps,giving a different answer depending on who you talk to.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2012 at 22:11
Your scope is definitely an AH model, not CL.  I have both scopes.  All CL series scopes have "CL" marked on the eyepiece, and the power ring serrations look different than yours as shown in Mike's pic above.

Most likely, it's a standard AH model, simply because the Rimfire version of the same scope isn't nearly as common.  There is no way to tell if it's a centerfire or rimfire version just by its external appearance. 

Focus the reticle, then aim at a target at 50 yards.  While looking through the scope, move your head back and forth away from scope centerline.  If the crosshairs appear to move off the point of aim as you move your head, this is parallax (reticle and target image not on the same focal plane), and the scope isn't parallax adjusted for 50 yards... which means it isn't a Rimfire version.  If the reticle does remain locked on the POA at 50 yds when you move your head, it is the Rimfire model.  The centerfire version is parallax adjusted for 100 yds / meters.

There is no optical difference in the centerfire and rimfire version of the same scope except for the distance at which it is parallax focused from the factory.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic