OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I Think I Got Burned

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muttdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Think I Got Burned
    Posted: November/02/2012 at 23:35
I bought a Mueller Tactical in 8.5X44 a long time ago. Recently I mounted it on my Mauser K98. Then I realized the turret knobs could not be turned by hand. They'll turn using a pair of pliers but what's the point in that ? I sent it back to Mueller for warranty repair. I got it back with an invoice stating it had been fixed. Nope...... turret knobs still won't turn using the hand or I should say fingers. I don't know whether to drive a stake thru the lenses and make a table lamp out of it or toss it in the box going to a thrift store.
I'm an amateur target shooter that likes going out to the range. Any member opinions on Mueller scopes or did I just get a hopelessly defective product ? I would really appreciate some recommendations on scopes that will serve me considering my skill level and budget like in the $90.00 to $200.00 range. As an off topic mention for any Nook or Kindle owners be advised that the 'cheap' Survival Ebooks on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $.99 are not worth the bother. I bought three at B&N and what I read was the table of contents.... nothing else !   Thanks for any scope shopping advice....... Muttdad
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 08:59
Is this the type of scope you are talking about?

http://www.samplelist.com/-P60581.aspx

Do you have to pull up on the turrets to get them to "release".  They might have locking mechanism on them.

I know that a well respected person on this forum suggested Mueller to me as a decent very budget minded or inexpensive scope that he uses or has used for long range target shooting.

I will PM him and see if he can respond to you.

I believe he uses a Mueller APT I think he has suggested to me the 4-14.

No one
muttdad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muttdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 09:15
Lapua: Yup, that's the model I have. The turret knobs do not pull up or lock in position they just won't move. What do you think ? Table lamp or thrift store box ?     Thanks for the help...... Muttdad
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 09:27
I would call mueller and talk to them. Ask them how that is suppose to be "repaired" and how u are suppose to use it like that.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2012 at 10:16
I would call mueller as well.  If they won't help you, before you make a lamp out of it or thrift store it, send it to me.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
jdgray View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdgray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2012 at 13:05
I've only seen one Mueller scope in the wild, and it was a sorry pos of a scope! The guy was trying to zero it, but the right was left, and up was down....  Never seen such a thing! And the image was so bad, I cant believe he wasnt complaining about it! Probably a Chineese knock off!!Wink
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2012 at 18:28
Call them or return it to them with a letter describing the problem.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic