OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedSS where to buy?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS where to buy?????
    Posted: March/19/2006 at 22:08
I am in that unlucky situation that I really would like to have the SS 16x but I have a major problem , because SWFA do not sent items oversea. (I live in Denmark) So is it possible to get the scope somewhere else. Hope u guys can help me.

Edited by agerbaek
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2006 at 08:26
We are the only source and because they are currently sold to the military it is against federal law to export one.
agerbaek View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2006 at 17:01

Ok, thanks.

But is it possible if I know one in the states, that he buy one and then sent it to me, with UPS or so ?????? and if not, what kind of optic shall I then look for, need one for 400+ yards shooting.

pippin View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2006 at 12:29

Might try seeing if you could pick one up used.  I'd check www.snipershide.com, www.gunsamerica.com and ebay.  I know its not the greatest alternative, and I suspect the fact that you are in Denmark will also add a wrinkle to these transactions. 

I would think your idea of having a friend buy one for you would also work.  However, I don't know if there are any import/export laws that would make this illegal.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2006 at 12:38

Its pretty plain and simple.  IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO EXPORT A SUPER SNIPER SCOPE....PERIOD.  Does not matter how you do it.  Don't do it and don't put some unsuspecting innocent bystander in jeopardy.  The U.S. Govt does take this very seriously.  Posting on a public forum how you plan to break the law and how to attempt to get around the law is not too bright either.  I want to make it clear that we are not associated with any of the people that are posting this information and we have no part in it.

Here is our policy.

SWFA, Inc.’s Export Policy

SWFA, Inc. only does business within the United States of America and will not directly or indirectly export or assist in exporting any product(s) purchased through SWFA, Inc.

SWFA, Inc. has decided to cease all international sales due to credit card fraud and the majority of the products SWFA, Inc. offers, being restricted and prohibited for export by the United States government.

A list of prohibited products and a list of debarred, denied, and embargoed countries; entities and or persons can be found by contacting:

U.S. Department of State
International Traffic in Arms Regulations
Office of Defense Trade Control
Tel.: (202) 663 2714
http://www.state.gov

U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of Industry and Security
Office of Exporter Services
Tel.: (202) 482-4811
http://www.bis.doc.gov

Sale or transfer of items listed is prohibited to entities on the list of debarred parties, denied persons and embargoed countries.  It is the buyer’s responsibility to be aware of these lists and to obey the law.  These restrictions are enforced and the penalties are severe.

We will only ship to United States addresses and only accept payment from credit cards having United States (verifiable) billing addresses, personal checks / cashiers checks from banks presiding in the United States and United States Postal money orders.

SWFA, Inc.’s export policy is not negotiable in any manor.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic