OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Brunton Icon 8x44

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brunton Icon 8x44
    Posted: October/11/2012 at 12:02
I haven't personally had the chance to look through a pair, but I've heard some feedback (mostly negative) and there are almost no reviews out there. Anyone here have any experience with these? I'm mainly just curious with how they stack up to the competition considering their $2300 price tag. 
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2012 at 11:37
Have t tried one yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they compared to the current alphas just like the Epochs did to the alphas of yesteryear.
Frank
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2012 at 13:37
FWIW, I had a look at an Icon once at a dealer.  The only other alpha glass on hand was the Zeiss Victory FL, so not a lot to compare it to.

The Icon is a very good binocular and has outstanding ergonomics.  It was quite comparable to the Zeiss in centerfield resolution, but frankly the Icon's downfall, particularly at $2,300 will be a small fov.  That was pretty obvious betweeen the two I might add.  Before I fork over than kind of $$$, it had better be true wide fov, not just adequate fov.

Personally I kind of like the Epoch better.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic