OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Seekins 30mm rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seekins 30mm rings
    Posted: October/10/2012 at 12:59
Well, haven't ever seen a pair of these gems, let alone owned them, but this dilemma will soon be rectified by this PM, when UPS arrives with my most recent purchase from our gracious Host. 

Going to slap my new SS 12x or my SS 3-9x and run it off a Badger 20 MOA rail. Not sure yet. One gets the Seekins and the other gets the old Badger 30mm lows.   

That is all.....carry on citizens. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 13:12
And they have arrived......Nice! 
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 13:28
The Seekins low rings that came with my 5-20 SS are so low to the rail you can't instal a throwlever from of lack of clearance. It would take at least Med height. 
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 14:09
I got them like 3_tens with the 5-20 purchase and love everything except the odd size torx head they have on them.  Not one that came with my torque wrench set.  All the more reason I guess to get the borka
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 14:41
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

All the more reason I guess to get the borka

That's a good investment. 

Also got the Leupold Alumina lens covers you recommended, Graham. Good looking stuff. 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 14:58
I knew you'd like those.  They work great.  Quick tip, the small blank piece of paper to put inside the cap with your holdovers on it, make a copy of it on a copier with it on a dark piece of paper or background.  Will give you the right size and the ability to use it again if your numbers change.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 18:47
No Pics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 19:47
I'll post some pics tomorrow, Get. 

I did manage to set my SS 12x in the rings and they do look nice. Quality stuff, for sure. 
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 20:04
Originally posted by GetSome GetSome wrote:

No Pics

I agree.  I'm glad you have something to occupy your time while your wife is slaying meeses in the northwest territories.  Your predicament stinks.  Sorry it happened to you.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 20:42
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I'll post some pics tomorrow, Get. 

I did manage to set my SS 12x in the rings and they do look nice. Quality stuff, for sure. 

I look forward to seeing it all together CT   Thunbs Up

Thanks for the kind sentiments Decker, when I'm not checking in on whats new here at the OT, my 5 year old and I have been tearing down, and starting to build a new covered deck, so the time off is not a total waste, and it will make the wife happy when she gets back from the trip.

DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 20:46
Very cool on the deck.  But for the Grace of God go I...
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2012 at 16:32

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2012 at 17:18
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I got them like 3_tens with the 5-20 purchase and love everything except the odd size torx head they have on them.  Not one that came with my torque wrench set.  All the more reason I guess to get the borka

My 5-20 SS is mounted on a RR Varmint EOP (Elevated Optics Platform). On a standard A4 using a riser clearance under the mag ring  probably wouldn't be an issue. The Torx screws are a #T25 on the Seekins.

Edited by 3_tens - October/12/2012 at 17:31
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2012 at 13:37
Looking god CT, that must be the new SS 12 power sitting in them, looking forward to the range report.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2012 at 16:05
Originally posted by GetSome GetSome wrote:

Looking god CT, that must be the new SS 12 power sitting in them, looking forward to the range report.

Thank you and yes it is the new SS 12x. 

Here's another pic of the bolt lug on the bottom side of the ring. 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2012 at 19:12
Hard to shoot like that...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Halvis View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2013 at 21:37
Old topic but... I have some Seekins rings & love em...
but are they worth 3 times the price of say SWFA rings? In my opinion, for my use No. If we are talking SWAT TEAM life and death, maybe.
"I don't think I'm really open to having Washington change me." Ran Paul

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 07:43
Opinions vary.....
I respectfully disagree and I too have both the SS and the Seekins.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic