OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Binoculars -- Most Important Attribute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2012 at 20:07
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Focusing knob "feel" is just about on the bottom of my list.  A also second Klamath's sharp edges.  The edges on my unaided vision aren't very sharp either.

ILya,

Have you seen the Zen Prime?  The one I evaluated has great focus knob feel.

I have not seen the Zen Prime yet.

How about a $600 Leupold Gold Ring HD? 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2012 at 08:05
Focuser feel and function is important to me as well, but I already had a long list, and I sorta lump that into build quality and ergos.  
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2012 at 11:48
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Focusing knob "feel" is just about on the bottom of my list.  A also second Klamath's sharp edges.  The edges on my unaided vision aren't very sharp either.

ILya,

Have you seen the Zen Prime?  The one I evaluated has great focus knob feel.

I have not seen the Zen Prime yet.

How about a $600 Leupold Gold Ring HD? 

That one was pretty good, but varied a lot between samples.  I saw one that was excellent, while another unit right next to it was a bit sloppy.

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2012 at 12:11

Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Focuser feel and function is important to me as well, but I already had a long list, and I sorta lump that into build quality and ergos.  

I think most of us did with a lot of this otherwise the list would be huge.  Big Smile

Binos are a tough call because everything about them is so personal and can vary from person to person; the feel and comfort, operation, the way the world's viewed through them, etc. While hunting most will use binos more than any other optic device and spend countless hours looking through them vs only minutes or seconds with their rifle scope.

Edited by mike650 - October/04/2012 at 13:32
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic