OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA and the NRA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA and the NRA
    Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:10
Last Thursday the NRA had a local fundraiser. This event was help raise money for the NRA to plug into other programs that contrbute and help support our Second ammedment.

SWFA was able to attend then event and meet some of the other supportive groups in our community.
We wanted to take this opportunity to show our support and be there to answer questions.

Here's the article.
From left to right.
Chris Farris, Jake Carrol, Kody Petty, Skylar McMahon, Dillon Hazelwood, and Chase Rudolf.
 Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 4:39 pm

BY MELISSA CADE Daily Light Staff Writer

The Ellis County Friends of the NRA held its annual dinner and auction Thursday, Sept. 20. North Texas Field Representative for the NRA, Chris Griffin said the main goal of the event is to raise funds for local shooting sports.

“I work in the field operations division,” Griffin said. “We are specifically responsible for the Friends of the NRA program. 

This is the 20th year of the program. We are a fundraiser and we take the money we raise and put it back into our grant system for the shooting sports.”

Griffin said last year they gave back almost $20 million and the goal this year was to be able to give $23 million to help the local shooting sports.

“In this area, the majority of the grant money we provide goes back to programs like the 4H Club,” he said. “Our goal is to provide a program where young people can grow up learning about the shooting sports in a moral, ethical and correct way.”

There were several 4H members present assisting with the games portion of the event. Michael Edwards and some of his friends held a Stretch Raffle. He said for as little as $5 and as much as $20 people could purchase raffle tickets in hopes of winning a 12-gauge Stoger. He said all the funds raised at their table would go directly back into their 4H programs.

Griffin added that one of the things he loves about the annual fundraiser is the support they receive from local officials and business leaders.

“We have a lot of local businesses and elected officials who come out and support us,” he said. “They really help us accomplish our mission.”

One of those local business was SWFA Outdoors of Red Oak. Sales Representative Skylar McMahon said they felt it was important to have a presence at the event in order to build core relationships with the people in the community.

“We feel we need to get out and meet the people,” McMahon said. “We understand that a lot of them are shooters and a lot of people at our office are shooters. So in order to relate to some of our customers, it’s better to be out here shaking hands and introducing ourselves. We want them to know that we are local and very knowledgeable.”

McMahon’s co-worker and friend Dillon Hazelwood said he also feels it’s important to support an organization like the NRA because they raise awareness about firearms and support the people’s second amendment rights.

Adam Kuch said he has been attending the NRA event for the last four years. He said he feels its a great organization to support because they do a lot of good things for people in the community.

Griffin said in anticipation of such a great turnout for the fundraising event, he expected to raise as much money as possible to meet the goal of $23 million for the North Texas District.

Edited by Skylar McMahon - September/25/2012 at 19:30
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:15
Looking foward to reading the article
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:19
I'm going to try to find the link and I will copy it, if not, I will scan it right from the paper.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:50
ExcellentAwesome! Looking forward to it!Excellent
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2012 at 16:53
Way to go SWFA gangExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent ExcellentExcellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 06:58
Job well done "Sirs"!!! Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:31
Thats great and only makes sense that SWFA would support the NRA!
It also shows SWFA's commitment to the community by helping withteh fundraiser and getting to know other businesses and residents in the area!  ExcellentExcellentExcellent 

Just one thing???  Who's that fat guy taking up all the room in themiddle of the picture?

Well done Guys!!!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:35

Nice read Skylar.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:37
She didn't write everything that Dillon said though.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 08:50
Loco
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

It also shows SWFA's commitment to the community by helping withteh fundraiser and getting to know other businesses and residents in the area!  ExcellentExcellentExcellent 

Just one thing???  Who's that fat guy taking up all the room in themiddle of the picture?

Well done Guys!!!!!

It's not fat Bud, its my awesomeness swelling up. Bandito
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 09:00
Had a great time. I got the priviledge of sitting and talking with some great individuals.

They had some of the neatest items up for auction.

Framed picture with a piece of the Berlin Wall!

Another framed picture of how the St Valentines Day Massacre crime was solved using ballistic forensics. It contained a Berrien County Sheriffs Patch and a round from each Tommy gun used that day. Our friend Matt took this home with him. Very nice piece.

My favorite item was a Wounded Warrior Project 1911

Dillon@SWFA.com
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 10:06
Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Loco

Well done Guys!!!!!

Hmmmmmm seek your allergic to pride.... Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 10:10

Originally posted by Skylar McMahon Skylar McMahon wrote:

Loco

Well done Guys!!!!!

Hmmmmmm seek your allergic to pride.... Smile

No, no, no...I stay away from mayo.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 10:15
Hmmmm then CFII must have been buttering you again...
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 12:12
You get the 1911 Dillon? 
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 17:38
Originally posted by dillon_h dillon_h wrote:

Had a great time. I got the priviledge of sitting and talking with some great individuals.

They had some of the neatest items up for auction.

Framed picture with a piece of the Berlin Wall!

Another framed picture of how the St Valentines Day Massacre crime was solved using ballistic forensics. It contained a Berrien County Sheriffs Patch and a round from each Tommy gun used that day. Our friend Matt took this home with him. Very nice piece.

My favorite item was a Wounded Warrior Project 1911

Very nice
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2012 at 09:44
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

You get the 1911 Dillon? 

Haha I wish. It went for something ridiculous.

Plus I wanted it to go to someone who could really cherish it for what it meant. Our friend Matt served and he really wanted it.

Unfortunately, he didnt get it.
Dillon@SWFA.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic