OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Inter-changable scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orchemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inter-changable scopes
    Posted: March/16/2006 at 01:08
Added a new rifle to the safe. A used NEF Handi Rifle with 2 hunting barrels (30-06 and 243). Will use this as a back-up hunting rifle. Was thinking about using quick detach mounts from Warne on the scope and moving the scope back and forth between the 2 barrels, realizing that the point of impact would vary for each barrel.
My thought is that if I sight in for the -06 and zero the turrets, then I could move the scope to another barrel and sight-in knowing the going back to zero setting for turrrent would be the setting for the 06 barrel. I trust the Warne rings to be constent enough switching back and forth.

Since I have on $250 into the rifle and barrels, I am looking to stay $150-200 range for a 3X9 scope. Do not like large objectives (no larger than 40mm).

So the question: opinions on who has the most repeatable clicks on the scope adjustments? I think I have seen reference to going around the box?

My initial thoughts are Burris FF2 or Nikon something or maybe a Leu Vari-X II. I am also not opposed to used scopes (like Leupold for choice).

Thanks in advance for your time and thoughts.

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2006 at 08:26

My opinion is the Leupold, I've shot around the box several times with my Leupolds, all the way from my son's VX-I to my VX-IIIs. A friend of mine has done the same with his Loopies. I'm sure other scopes will do it too, but my experience has been with Leupold.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic