OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leica ER ASV??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dqtommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leica ER ASV??
    Posted: September/24/2012 at 19:18
I own a few leupolds with the CDS turrets they have and they're great. You call leupold with your bullet info and they match the ballistics and the bullet drop to the turret and that all makes sense. I watch a video on the swarovski ballistic turret and that's also pretty cool because unlike leupold, (where you have to get a new turret for each different kind of bullet you use, you use the same turret but shift a few thing on it to make it work for any bullet.) I'm looking for another scope and the Leica er is on the possible list. I have leica binocs and love them. The only thing i don't understand is how the leica ASV elevation turret works? I can't find a video or anything anywhere on how it works? Do you call leica, like you do with leupold, and give them your bullet info and they match it to the turret clicks and send it to you in the mail?? or is it like the swarovski BT where the turret can be adjusted to match any load??? If somebody could help me and fill me in that would be great. Thanks
Gun control is 3 bullets through the same hole a 100 yards
@WitsEnd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @WitsEnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 12:10

Leica has team up with G7 Ballistic company.  I would find them online for more information.   It is my understanding that they make ballistic turrets to replace the elevation turret on the Leica scopes. They also do this for other brands of scopes as well.  The cost is 150.00 and you provide them with some of the ballisic data.  They then make it and sent it to you. 

Hope the helps
@WitsEnd View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @WitsEnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 12:15
P.S You can email them, they get back to you fairly quickly (Usually within 24 hours).  
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 12:25
I just posted this on another thread about the swaro so I will post it here being it seems relevant -

this is something you can do with the swaro if the scope comes with their standard BT
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
dqtommy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dqtommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 12:34
Thank you very much!   Nobody seems to know what the heck is going on with the ASV.  Well i think i'm going to go with a swarowski z5 BT for my 300 win mag then.  Seeing as i don't need to buy a new $150 turret for every different grain of bullet i shoot out of my 300 win mag.   According to this video I can just adjust the turret to my load, instead of buying a new one.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKegyDxukHc

Gun control is 3 bullets through the same hole a 100 yards
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 14:50
you can. the one I linked just makes dialing between flags once you set them a bit easier.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic