OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Scope Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Scope Suggestion
    Posted: September/22/2012 at 17:16
Hello,
I have been looking around and reading on here for some time now. Thanks to all for A LOT of information. I have a question and was hoping to hear from some of the resident experts. I have a Ruger 22-250 that I use for predator hunting. Right now it sports a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 BDC. I like the scope but I would like to find something with more light transmission for dawn/dusk hunting. I have been reading about the Vortex scopes and it sounds as if their CS is 2nd to none. I was interested in hearing some feedback on the Diamondback 3.5-10x50? Thanks in advance................
RotoReuter_DM View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 17:55
My personal experience is with the Diamondbacks is the 3-9x40 BDC. Its very good in low light with the 40mm I'm sure the 50mm is better. The scopes are tough. And when I'm zeroing it the adjustments are accurate. Should be a great choice for you. And a plus is the CS if you need it!
Old Mil ftw
Allen72 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 18:01

Thanks.... The tough part wiould be handy also as rifle is strapped to my 4 wheeler when i am headed in the woods...

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 19:08
Should survive that. You have a hard case on your quad? 
Old Mil ftw
Allen72 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 19:28
I strap one of my regular hard cases to it when i go.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 19:34
Improvise I like it.
Old Mil ftw
Allen72 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allen72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 19:49
Well with the economy,a family and a limited budget, one must improvise, adapt and overcome. I made myself a set of shootin stix with some bamboo (from my neghbors yard) and 550 cord. Gives me a solid rest.

I was originally asking about the Vortex Diamondback due to there being a lot of good reviews on the Viper and less than excellent reviews on the Crossfire. Seems like there isn't a lot of info on the Diamondback out there.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RotoReuter_DM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2012 at 21:05
The Viper is a little better in every way. But the Diamondbacks aren't bad at all. My Diamondback has more game taken than any other scope I have. I like the design of the BDC in the vortex.

550 Cord is a lifesaver!
Old Mil ftw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic