OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Opening day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening day
    Posted: September/19/2012 at 12:00
TEN DAYS AWAY!!!
Yippee
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 13:19
Just saying!!!

Big Smile

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 13:25
When is GA's opener?
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 13:33
9/8

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 13:54
Good luck, guys!  Be sure and give me a full report if anything interesting happens.  I'll be out there too.

I've been shooting a LOT lately, and, not to brag, but the fact is, I'm a dialed-in shooting machine the likes of which I haven't been in a long time!

Can't wait!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 14:27
Not me...I couldn't hit a bull in the azz with a handfull of rice.Loco
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 16:11

I'll be in the woods this weekend hopefully

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 21:33
Been 5 times and the shots I've had have been button heads and spots. I had a six point cull at 50yds the first day now wishin I'd took the shot. It was early and thought something better was gonna come along.
Its ok though I'll get em soon enough. My buddy was drawing down on a decent 6 this evening and a yote run em off. The yote didn't fare too well. Ran about 100yds and now he's in the back of a yota.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2012 at 07:42

I almost would rather shoot a yote or fox or coon or opposum than a deer sometimes.....  sometimesBucky

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2012 at 08:06
I'll not shoot a fox. One of the best deer I shot was tailing a fox. If you can out smart a fox, deer are no problem. 

Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2012 at 08:43
I have never shot a deer, but I enjoy just shooting in the back yard.

Here's the latest.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2012 at 17:13
There ya go!  Start him off right!   Old saying "Take your boy huntin' and ya will not be huntin' your boy!"    Thunbs Up
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 01:55
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Just saying!!!

Big Smile

just saying............Bucky

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 06:24
Nice, 

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 07:03
Excellent  Excellent  Excellent

Very Nice Jason!!!  Details please!

OH! and whats with the Jason Jason picture???Smile

Edited by budperm - September/24/2012 at 07:16
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2012 at 07:15

There you go Skylar!  Way to start the munchkin off right!

I was planning on taking my grandson to the range to shoot some 22LR but being that he will be 4 in November decided to play it safer and shot  the Crossman 760 in the backyard yesterday.  The little booger is all about gun, swords, knives and trucks...in that order!  I put about a teaspoon of baking flour in each balloon before I blew them up.  I then stapled them to a 1 x 3 and laid that across a lawnchair.  I thought that 20 balloons would last at least an hour...WRONG!  that little booger can shoot!!!!  At 25 feet he took out 20 balloons in about 51 shots standing!!!  I couldn't believe it!  He got the biggest kick out of the little puffs of flour and popping of the balloons too!  He was whoohooing and hi fiving to beat the band!  I think I had more fun watching him than he did shooting. 

Pop-pop (me) was golden the rest of the day and I had one happy little wart glued to my side till bathtime at 7:00pm!  It was great day and I woke up still smiling! Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2012 at 15:42
Well... my opening weekend kinda sucked hunting-wise, as it rained all weekend long and I didn't see anything.  Don't know if one had any influence on the other or not.

Nevertheless, I still had fun hanging out with friends, smoking some BBQ ribs, drinking a few adult beverages, and engaging in the fine art of talking sh** around a campfire.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2012 at 15:55
Tell me about it.

We hit the farm on Saturday afternoon, and it was pouring. Nearly got my truck stuck.

But Dave grilled some Earl Campbell's and I was hitting the Dr. Pepper's but, what a good time.

Buddy of mine got a great looking buck on Saturday, I'll post up in a bit.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2012 at 14:54
Full moon last Saturday couldn't have helped either.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2012 at 14:38
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

There you go Skylar!  Way to start the munchkin off right!

I was planning on taking my grandson to the range to shoot some 22LR but being that he will be 4 in November decided to play it safer and shot  the Crossman 760 in the backyard yesterday.  The little booger is all about gun, swords, knives and trucks...in that order!  I put about a teaspoon of baking flour in each balloon before I blew them up.  I then stapled them to a 1 x 3 and laid that across a lawnchair.  I thought that 20 balloons would last at least an hour...WRONG!  that little booger can shoot!!!!  At 25 feet he took out 20 balloons in about 51 shots standing!!!  I couldn't believe it!  He got the biggest kick out of the little puffs of flour and popping of the balloons too!  He was whoohooing and hi fiving to beat the band!  I think I had more fun watching him than he did shooting. 

Pop-pop (me) was golden the rest of the day and I had one happy little wart glued to my side till bathtime at 7:00pm!  It was great day and I woke up still smiling! Cool

Bud, he loves his bow.  This is somethng he and I do every day. Right after work I go to the inlaws, pick him up. And he loves Jeep's so we have a competition on how many jeeps we can count on the way home.

Then when we get home, he knows that he has to feed and let the dogs out, then we get to shoot in the back yard.

It's a blast.

That is a neat idea bud, I have never thought about how ballons would explode with flour in them.

I bought him a Remington 570 .22 and looking to put a little 2-7X35 on there for him for Christmas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic