OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Can't decide please give me some advise!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prieto9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't decide please give me some advise!!!
    Posted: September/18/2012 at 00:46
I just ordered a Zeiss Conquest Duralyt 3-12X50 non Illuminated and can't decide in which rifle should I mount it.
I have a Browning X-bolt Stainless Stalker 7mm RM for deer hunting topped with a 6-24X50 FFP Viper PST and the exact same rifle in .243 win for coyotes, hogs and the occasional deer topped with a 6.5-20X44 Viper.

The thing here is that I can't decide if I should mount the Zeiss on my deer gun and move the PST to my coyote gun or Leave the PST on my Deer Gun and mount the Zeiss on my coyote gun.

I like long shots for both applications. All though I just had a Long Range Shooting gun just built and dressed it with a Sightron SIII 8-32X56 LRMOA. This makes me think I should mount it on the 7mm but not sure about it.
hopeisnotastrategy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hopeisnotastrategy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 01:07
For deer hunting 12x magnification is PLENTY.  

Put the Zeiss on the "deer" gun.
Soli Deo gloria
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 09:20
I agree with putting the Zeiss on the deer rifle. Please let us know your thoughts on the Zeiss, its pretty new and it would be intersesting to get some first hand knowledge regarding the scope.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 10:44
I had one of the new Duralyts (that I have since traded back into SWFA). It was the 2-8 X 42. Glass was typical Zeiss...good. The scope was a bit limited in mounting due to the short tube length. I also thought it was a bit heavy. To others, it may have been perfect...for me, I just didn't feel the love. Besides, I'm sort of a Swaro slut. Cool

I would also put the Viper on the coyote rig and the Zeiss on the deer rig.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 10:51
+3 zeiss on the deer rig
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 11:36
+4
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 22:46
+5 deer slayer!

Bugs have you looked through a Leica yet? Gave my Z6i a good run for the money ......
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 06:09
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

+5 deer slayer!

Bugs have you looked through a Leica yet? Gave my Z6i a good run for the money ......

Yes Sir. I bought one to try on a 300 Winny Ruger #1 I had. Glass was awesome to be sure. I ended up selling it because the rifle wanted another home. My only issue was size (again). Some of those 30mm scopes just seem so big and "clumsy" to me. There are so many good scopes out there I get a kick out of buying, trying and re-selling. Loco
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 07:10
You been seeing G on the sly Ric!??! Smile

Since I like all the scopes he has I say buy another gun for the Duralyts!!! Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 08:16
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

You been seeing G on the sly Ric!??! Smile

Since I like all the scopes he has I say buy another gun for the Duralyts!!! Excellent

LOL Bud. He's not my type...you silly savage! Besides, I've already sent the Duralyt in.
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic