OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Limbsavers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 17:15
Good news, I put the tip of the top of the recoil pad just under my collar bone as suggested and, like magic, I didnt feel a thing. I can shoot all day long in the prone position now, thanks everyone.
Easy come easy go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2012 at 20:19
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Originally posted by Gil P. Gil P. wrote:

How did you get the old butt pad off? Did you just cut it and then sand the remainder off the end of the stock? Did the new pad make a noticeable difference?

If it is glued on like on the HS stocks, put the stock in the freezer over night.  Then get a putty knife or small chisel and gently tap it and the glue will break loose and it will fall right off. 
That's what I did. It works pretty well...just take your time lining up the chisel at first. Getting it right in the seam will usually help the whole thing pop off in one or two hits.

Now you tell me. Sunday I finally ended up sawing the thin hard red butt plate that was glued on off my older A-bolt. Installed the Limbsaver my daughter gave me for fathers day.  Whacko
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Gil P. View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/19/2012 at 11:26
Does it work? Thats all that matters.
Easy come easy go

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2012 at 16:38
The saw works fine. It's a 1938 Craftsman 10"Cast Iron table saw. The 80 tooth blade cut smooth as silk. Attached the Llimbsaver. With only minor sanding on the pad base it fits like it was made for it. The LOP fits me better too.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2012 at 18:18
You could also look into getting a PAST Recoil Shield when bench/target shooting in addition to the Limbsaver.  I absolutely have to use one when sighting the 375 RUM otherwise it is just downright nasty.  Here's a couple of links with some info if you're interested:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/284105/past-mag-plus-recoil-pad-shield-ambidextrous

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/past/

Edited by Dogger - September/21/2012 at 18:23
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic