OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski ATX vs. ATM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski ATX vs. ATM
    Posted: September/13/2012 at 17:08
I currently have a Swarovski ATM 65mm HD spotting scope. I am considering selling it and upgrading to the new ATX with an 85mm objective. One thing that has me really thinking about it is the fact that the new spotters are going to be Swarovision, and I absolutely love my 10x42 EL's with Swarovision. Opinions? Thanks!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2012 at 17:29
Google It

Bow
http://atx-stx.swarovskioptik.com/en/nature/

Cheers

Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Dixie07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2012 at 19:04
Mike I guess I'm confused on what I was supposed to get out of that last post. Thanks.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2012 at 20:39
Hmmm

I was trying to add a little humor to your answer....

I Google'd the answer for you. If you follow the link it will tell you most all you need to know about the ATX. It's so new a product that not many would know the answer here. On the web page it says that these spotters use Swarovision which is what you wanted to hear... cheers.

Good luck and give us a review if you get the spotter. I think they came up with a great idea of modular pieces to create a spotting scope to fit one's needs.  Thunbs Up

Edited by mike650 - September/13/2012 at 22:44
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
timberbuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timberbuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2012 at 21:13
Not so sure that sharp edges(swarovision) are as important in a spotter as they are in a binocular.

You typically use a spotter to zoom in on what you have allready found with the binos. You usually do not pay much attention to the edges in a zoomed in spotter picture.

If you want a larger objective spotter I'm sure the last of the M series will be avaliable at a discount soon. (swarovski is discontinuing the M series and goin back to aluminum ATS,STS)
Dixie07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixie07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 09:46
I did noticed that they are discontinuing the use of Magnesium and going to back to Aluminum.  Any ideas why they are doing that?
gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2012 at 22:40
It appears Swaro is going to a two tier approach, the older scope design will still have the latest coatings and such but will be aluminum and weigh 100 to 150 grams more than the current magnesium scopes.
The 85mm ATX will be larger (naturally) and heavier than your 65mm.
I really like my 65mm HD, don't know what the new ATX 85mm and 95mm will be like, thought I might try the 95mm to use as a combo spotting and astro scope but $4,000.00+ is a lot of money.
I would have to use a cart to move it around since my legs are not working correctly anymore.
Good luck
Art
Good day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic