OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Poor customer service? Just as shocked as you are.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedPoor customer service? Just as shocked as you are.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor customer service? Just as shocked as you are.
    Posted: August/30/2012 at 11:55
I'd like to start by saying I have heard good things about SWFA and their customer service.  I have ordered products in the past and have had my brother and friends order from them as well and we have never had a problem.  That all seemed to change over the course of a week...

On 8/14 I ordered a SWFA 1-4x24 scope with an AD Recon mount and Burris scope caps.  The order was shipping on 8/15 and I received it on 8/20.  After comparing the mount to my rifle (FS2000) I realized I made a mistake and ordered a mount that was to short.  I needed to mount the scope on my rifle before 8/31. 

So I called SWFA that day and spoke with Pat, explained the situation and was given an RMA number.  I sent mount for return on 8/21 to get an AD Recom High mount sent back to me.  I followed up on 8/23, spoke with Pat again, to see if I could order the high mount and have it shipped and then have my accounted credited when they received my return.  I again explained the reason I asked is because I needed the mount before 8/31.  Pat said they would charge me extra for the credit but assured me that getting the mount to me by Friday without cross shipping wouldn't be a problem.  Pat said she typically does the RMAs as soon as she gets them so it sounded like a good idea and I trusted her.

So 8/27 passes and I don't hear anything or receive any emails.  I know my package was delivered to them on 8/24, UPS showed someone signed for it at 12ish pm.  I didn't think much of it since if it shipped on 8/28 I should still get it.  On 8/28 I still hadn't received an email about the shipment so I called again and again spoke with Pat.  Pat told me that she had just done the RMA and it would be shipping out today.  I stressed again that I need the mount by 8/31 and was assured again it would get to me.  That night I still don't receive an email.

So yesterday goes by and at 5:30ish I receive an email saying my package has been shipped using UPS ground and will not be received until Sept. 4th.  Needless to say I was less than happy.  The reason it bothers me so much is Pat told me several times I would have it by 8/31 and now that isn't going to happen.  I would have been happy to pay for 2 day shipping but there wasn't a need for it, since she told me I would have it.

I usually don't complain but I tried to get this mount to me when I needed it and now it just isn't going to happen.  I am sure several people on these forums had pleasant experiences with them.  To their credit everyone seemed helpful and were pleasant to deal with.   If Pat didn't think she could get it to me by 8/31 she should have said so and I wouldn't be up in arms about it.  However she told me it would be here by then and now it isn't...

I already fired off an email to them since they were closed by time I noticed the email and do plan on calling them at some point today to see if they can do anything.  Has anyone had a similar issue?  Were you able to get it sorted out??

TL;DR version - Pat at SWFA told me I would receive a product by a certain date and that isn't going to happen.
If you took the time to read the wall of text thanks!
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:30
Still bad form on your part for the post.  You have not given anyone at SWFA a chance on correcting.
Pick up the phone an call!   This just makes you look like a whiny troll!

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:43
My one and only time having to use SWFA's customer service was not at all like that. In fact it was awesome! I ordered a set of talley rings, somehow got the wrong ones, called customer service and explained my issue. I was told no problem, just drop the wrong ones back in the mail to us. a couple of days later I had the correct rings in hand. They were absolutely professional, polite and fast. They were ABSOLUTELY 5 star. I personally dont see how it could get any better than that!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:47
2 things that stand out:

1.  You are pissed about something that, admitted, started with your screw-up.

2.  Pat maybe shouldn't have committed to what UPS can do, but this is a shipper issue rather than an SWFA issue.  When it comes to UPS, I always assume the worst, Pat didn't assume the worst, it sounds like. (All is based on your narrative, and takes into account none of what could another side to this story.)

I'd say SWFA went above and beyond, and UPS screwed you.

I wish my problems were this easy: someone else didn't fix my mistake fast enough.

Next time, ship next day UPS - and you still might not get it in time!  UPS sucks, don't blame SWFA for that. FedEx is no better, and the USPS, don't even get me started on the USPS!

Hope it all works out.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:53
Considering this is either your first or second post it appears you either failed to comprehend or forgot the OT Rules you read when first signing up to be a member here.

http://www.opticstalk.com/the-ot-rules_topic5473.html

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:54
Be advised.....ROE #6

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at 
swfa@swfa.com.

Sir, you are in violation of ROE #6. That and I just hate to see guys use SWFA's forum to complain. 
Check fire. Thread locked.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 13:59
I just got the Reader's Digest version from Pat.  Sounds like just one of those thangs.  Got it back on Friday and didn't go out on Monday because our warehouse manager took off Friday to be with his kids for a long weekend before school started up and one warehouse guy went home sick.  Monday it got processed but it was at the end of all the orders that have accrued from Friday at 5:00 pm until Monday at 8:00 am.

If it would have been done Friday it would have been there in time but it didn't.  We dropped the ball for sure and have recalled the one that has already shipped and have Next Day aired him another one so it will be there on 8/31/12.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic