OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.300 Blackout Browe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .300 Blackout Browe
    Posted: August/30/2012 at 08:10
New .300 AAC Blackout reticle for the 4x32 BROWE Combat Optic available in A-TACS AU Camo
Browe-Inc., manufacturer of premium quality optical systems for military, law enforcement, hunting and the shooting sports, introduces the latest reticle pattern for the 4x32 BROWE Combat Optic (BCO), the horseshoe and Dot for the AAC .300 Blackout. The unit is available in A-TACS AU Camo, tan or black.

The 4x32 BCO AAC .300 Blackout reticle is based on the popular horseshoe and dot style reticle and provides a bullet drop compensated (BDC) reticle for both the subsonic and supersonic ammunition. The 7 MOA horseshoe has a 5 MOA inner dimension and provides an illuminated 2 MOA wide ring for quick target acquisition. The center 1 MOA dot gives the operator that precision shot and was designed to be zeroed at 100m with the supersonic round or 25m with the subsonic round. For long range precision, the 4x32 BCO AAC .300 Blackout reticle features a BDC reticle that ranges out to 900m for the supersonic and out to 400m for the subsonic. The horizontal stadia lines represent 19" at the indicated ranges. The reticle also offers a horizontal mil scale that has an overall length of 30 mils, with indicators every 5 mil.

Dot Color options:

The 4x32 BCO AAC .300 blackout reticle is available in four color options including amber, blue, green, or red. As standard with all the 4x32 BCO's the illumination is controlled automatically with the BCO Target Light Sensor Technology. The target light transmission is measured and automatically adjusts the reticle to the proper illumination level. The 4x32 BCO also features a manual override if a consistent light level is required.

For more information on BROWE's new 4X32 Combact Optic for the hunting, shooting, military and law enforcement markets, contact BROWE, Inc. at (800) 407-3150 or visit www.browe-inc.com.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 08:56
Looks cool, in stock or coming?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 09:29
Coming.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 11:38
Pretty cool.

Just so happens I have a 300BLK that needs a long-term optic.

Timeline to availability?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2012 at 15:18
Sudden need for one of these just popped up.  Any word on availability yet?

RC what are you using now?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2012 at 18:26
Are you guys hand loading for the 300 Blackout? or using the 220 gr Remmington ammo?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 08:03
Will be handloading more than likely. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 10:09
Hand loads mostly.

Swapping around scopes.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 10:22
What loads are you running now?  barrel length?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 16:06
16" barrel, 8 gr lil gun over a 208 Amax.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 16:21
getting good groups?  Gonna try the 220's i think.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2012 at 17:42
Are you running bolt guns or is this an upper for an AR?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 10:55
The recipe originated in a 12" AR, now runs in a 16" handi rifle.  It is accurate, better than 1 MOA in the AR, haven't shot the handi for groups yet (was too pissed about the various short-comings of the handi.  THEN remembered the handi was $350 and the Noveske 12" was over $1000.)

I moved away from the 220 RN because my M4 feed ramps didn't like them.  In a bolt gun or single action, they load very well.

I have a Kahles 6-24 coming today that will cause some rotation in my current scope lineup, I'll let you know what the 300 gets.

Be advised that subsonic 300 falls from the sky like a meteor.  For that reason, I MUCH prefer FFP with lots of drop on the reticle rather than other's claim to like a red dot.  If you sit over a feeder exactly 100 yards away, red dot is great.  If shots can be 25 yards to 200 yards, a red dot sucks.  Then again, I am a precision guy; if "good enough" is good enough, that's cool, but 300 in sub ain't the best pick for a "good enough" shooter.

Let me know if you have additional questions.  I have run most options of a 300 at some point and have made all the mistakes one can (other than a short round and  baffle strike due to an unstable round, I cringe just thinking of how that might play out.)
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 11:28
Well I have an 8" upper on the way to use with a thread on can.  Planning on ordering this Browe optic.  Thoughts? Cautions?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 14:48
Sub or super?

#1: 8" barrels are  much louder than you will expect, even suppressed.
#2: load development is critical if handloading.
#3: Avoid H110 powder, it is very positional- and temperature-sensitive.  
#4:  Case prep is key to reliable extraction and ejection.
#5:  I have been very pleased with pmags on 300, the shoulder on the mag wall  is more pronounced than mil spec, this works well with riding the ogive on 300 rounds and keeping them stable in the mag.

Have fun.

If super, all applies except the H110, which you wouldn't use anyway.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 15:18
Very Very Very interesting...

No one
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 16:22
What powder would you recommend for sub and super.  If you have good loads you care to share, can you PM me the recipes?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 17:02
My best luck has been with 1680 and lil gun.  Some "experts" say "don't use lil gun, it is a supersonic powder", to which I respond, "not if you put less powder in the case!"  

One point is that lil gun does generate less back-pressure than most other loads, so pistol position gas block is a must.  With an 8", I don't think yours could be carbine length and is pistol length.

Rsilver, the "expert" of experts on all things 300,  has not impressed me with his knowledge or recommendations.  He is a big advocate of H110 - recipes on many forums.  I hated H110, chased grimlins in my gun before trying something else and getting MUCH better results.  I started looking online and found many complain of extreme vertical stringing with H110.

My recipe of choice is 8.0 or 8.1 of lil gun over a 208 Amax.  There are many more (11.2 of 1680) that also work well, just not as accurate.  As always, be aware that you need to tweak to keep it barely subsonic.

Don't go too low, I've heard few things suck more than getting a stuck jacketed bullet out of the barrel.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 22:11
10-4.  I'll pick up some lil gun next trip out.  Tried any with Trailboss?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 22:14
BTW RC.  i have one of these browe's on order.  I'll report when it comes in.  not an in stock product at swfa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic