OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Let's get it on!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's get it on!
    Posted: August/30/2012 at 07:12
College Div 1 football season starts tonight with The South Carolina Gamecocks going to "Smashville" to play The Doors! 
Vandy gets beat like rented mule...

Who is going to win it all this year? Dark horse favorites? Who you like and whatcha got? 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 07:58
Well... at the risk of jumping on the bandwagon, nothing has happened between last year and this year to convince me that anyone other than Bama and LSU will be vying for #1 again this year.

As for a dark horse... even though they aren't exactly what I'd call a "dark horse," Oregon has proven over the last few years they deserve to be in the discussion, and they can beat just about anyone when they bring their "A" game.  They have a lot of team speed.  So, they're my dark horse team.

The trendy media pick for a non-SEC contender is USC, but I think they're overrated.  They play Stanford and Oregon, but other than those 2, they have a fairly easy schedule, and I just don't think they can hang with the coaching and talent of Bama and LSU. 

I would say Oklahoma is a reasonable dark horse, but over the past couple years, they've consistently underachieved and choked in the big games.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 08:13
Watch Georgia this year. 
Maybe not a National Championship team, but they should win the SEC East, (sigh). 
They have a good Junior QB in Murray decent running game, good defense. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 08:14
Oh...and welcome Missouri and Texas A&M to the SEC. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 08:17
Ouch....Aggies schedule...

Sat, Sep 08 (#23) Florida *College Station  2:30 p.m.
ESPN 
Live Stats Tickets
  Sat, Sep 15 SMUDallas, Texas  2:30 p.m.
FSN 
  Sat, Sep 22 South Carolina StateCollege Station  TBA
Live Stats 
  Sat, Sep 29 Arkansas *College Station  TBA
Live Stats 
  Sat, Oct 06 Ole Miss *Oxford, Miss.  TBA
Tickets
  Sat, Oct 13 Louisiana TechShreveport, La.  TBA
Live Audio Available - Link available at Start TimeLive Stats Tickets
  Sat, Oct 20 LSU *College Station  TBA
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 11:41
Gators over BG in a sweaker! LOL. I'd have to say ANYBODY but Alabama.

GO  GATORS.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 11:44
Yeah... gulp... I... uhhhh.... I expect my Aggies to have a rather... uh... rude introduction to the SEC this year.  If they manage to finish 7-5, I'll be happy.

I'm excited about the future, though.  They have a new coach with a reputation for fielding high scoring offenses.  They have the foundation of a pretty good offense.  Last year, they were one of the highest scoring offenses in college football, but with Ryan Tannehill leaving for the Dolphins, they've got big shoes to fill at QB.  They still have excellent receivers and good RB's though. 

I just hope A&M's defense returns to the kind of dominant play they had in the 1990's when they had so many fast, hard-hitting linebackers and talented secondary.  Their defensive unit got the nickname "The Wrecking Crew" back then.  Unfortunately, in the past 15 years or so, their defense hasn't lived up to the vaunted "Wrecking Crew" title, unless you consider the way they wrecked comfortable double-digit leads in the second half all last year.

I truly believe the move to the SEC will enhance recruiting, with more of those blue chip Texas players opting to stay home rather than leaving the state to play college ball.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 11:44
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Gators over BG in a sweaker! LOL. I'd have to say ANYBODY but Alabama.

GO  GATORS.

Your going to get in trouble, Ric. Steel Benz is going to see this thread sooner or later. Wink

I have zero problems with Bammer's, but I loathe Flo State and Tenn. (As the gentle readers of this fine forum can attest.) 
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 12:57
Wish I could jump in on all the screaming,but a major PERV screwed all of Pa.Can't beleive the sentance they gave to all our kids who had nothing to do with the CRAP.
Good luck to all......... 
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
DCAMM94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 13:05
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I like the Aggies over the Gators next Saturday.  Only because they're so new they don't know any better yet.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 13:24
What?    Do we actually have to play this season?    "Bama"     Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!  

The haters are out here in Detroit, of course walking around with my Bama hat on and wearing a Mercedes shirt does something to these people.  LOL!    
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 13:25
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 13:30
Ric, your acting like a big blue fan up here!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 14:33
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

What?    Do we actually have to play this season?    "Bama"     Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!  

Annnndddddd....there off!!!!  Wink Knew it was coming. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 14:36
Originally posted by DCAMM94 DCAMM94 wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I like the Aggies over the Gators next Saturday.  Only because they're so new they don't know any better yet.

Did Rifle Dude put you up to this?!?!? I bet he did! Big Grin
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 20:12
Vandy plays everybody hard for the first half.    Lets see what happens in the second half.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 20:40
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2012 at 17:28
Tenn vs NC State tonight at...The Georgia Dome?!?!?    Loco

Oh well....GO PACK! Big Grin

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2012 at 08:00
I caught some of the Tn vs. NC State game. Each team looked good (at times) but then had flat moments. TN finally won. It's good to have college ball back on.

Steel, regarding my Bama comment...I guess it's really Saban I don't care for. I do have to say that it's nice to have several good SEC teams to show everybody else how it's done. LOL. Big Grin
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
M7025-06 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M7025-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2012 at 09:14
Go Big Red!!!!

Unfortunately the Huskers won't be in the NC talk.  I think we're getting close though.  Bama will probably win it all...again.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic