OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need some Hensoldt help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some Hensoldt help
    Posted: August/29/2012 at 05:27
Just got a killer deal on a 4-16x56,it was a promo but had no instruction manuel.I'm looking to buy a copy or if someone would be kind enough to e-mail or send me a copy!

I called Zeiss but they are really screwed up about the Hennies.Person in Technical said he would try & find a copy or send a zerox version but it didn't sound possitive.

Zeiss is a great company, nothing but good experiences with them over the years,I can't for the life of me figure why they would be so laxidasical about their top scope.

In any event any help would sure be appreceited.Shoot me an E for my address.

Thanks
                                                        Ernie....

What were you talking about RC Embarrased

Edited by stickbow46 - August/29/2012 at 15:32
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 09:14
If it is a 4-15, I can tell you why you got such a good deal!

I'll try to find my book and scan it, have a home project under way, it might take a week or so, but I'll give it a try.

Great scope, clarity is fantastic, eye box is unreal.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 11:18
Try Hudisco... hudisco.com/

They are the authorized U.S. importer of Hensoldt...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 15:36
Thanks guys...I gave up my 4-16x50 FL for this scope because of all the great things you guys have said.

Now if I can just find a woman who would buy me another one of these scopes or any scope for that matter any scope Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 15:54
Bingo,Bingo Bingo.....The kind people @ Hudisco found a book,it's being sent out today!

FYI: They sold the company to Zeiss about a year ago.Nathan is now working for Zeiss also.I had always thought that Zeiss was the owner of Hensoldt.I  guess old dogs can stll learn a thing or 2.

Again much thanks guys.

ERNIE.......
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 16:02
Zeiss is and has been the owner of Hensoldt... Nathan owned the rights to Hensoldt sales and the company HUdisco in the US.  At one time, Hensoldt was only sold to military/LE.  Nathan was a "ground breaker" in getting the scopes sold to lowly civilians in the US.  He works for Zeiss now, but still operates Hensoldt sales in the US for Zeiss... rather than owning the business, he is an employee and probably has more benefits.  He is a great guy.  All my dealings with him have been positive... 
I only know what I read in a couple of magazines lately about the sale of Hudisco to Zeiss, but that is close to the "rest of the story"....  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 16:28
Thanks for the update Excellent
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 16:34
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

If it is a 4-15, I can tell you why you got such a good deal!

Is there something we should know about this scope?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 17:36
It is unique....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2012 at 18:54
Called the Ernie Mod being tested in Pa for the T-Rex hunt in the back of Budperm's house [:}
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2012 at 07:21
Oh goodie!  I've always wanted to check out a henny!!!

Ernie you've been doing some wheelin and dealin!!! 

Good work old son and CONGRATSULATIONS!  Hope you love it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic