OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nighthunter XP vs. Peregrine XP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tooie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nighthunter XP vs. Peregrine XP
    Posted: August/25/2012 at 14:06
There seems to be about $300.00 difference in price. Any real differences in the two of them to justify the price differential?   Thank you
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2012 at 14:00
As far as the view, I think the Peregrine XP is a little sharper and sharper further out into the field of view as well. The biggest difference is that the Peregrine XP has more of an open view for lack of a better term or less of a feeling as if you are looking into or through a binocular. Maybe the bino experts here would have a more definitive term for that, but that's the best way I can think of to describe it. The Peregrine XP is a completely new and different design for Steiner too, with an open bridge design and a magnesium chassis which cost a lot more to manufacture. The Nighthunter XP uses a polymer fiberglass reinforced chassis. For hunting (durability) I like the eye cup design more on the Nighthunter XP over the Peregrine XP because it just feels more solidly built.

Yes, I own both.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic