OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Miniature Red Dot Sights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miniature Red Dot Sights
    Posted: July/27/2012 at 14:13
I am assembling a line-up of tiny red dot sights for an article.

Which ones should I be looking at?

Thanks
ILya
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 16:16
This may be "pole vaulting over mouse turds", but how are you defining tiny red dot sights?  Are you making a distinction between a red dot, reflex or holo sight?

Technology may be different but I typically put them in the same bucket since their practical application is very similar.

Assuming no distinction, I'd be interested in the Aimpoint T1 compared to cheaper competitors like the Primary Arms Micro Dot, Vortex Sparc.

Leupold Deltapoint, Burris Fastfire and Primary Arms micro reflex sight.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 16:55
Originally posted by Marine24 Marine24 wrote:

This may be "pole vaulting over mouse turds", but how are you defining tiny red dot sights?  Are you making a distinction between a red dot, reflex or holo sight?

Technology may be different but I typically put them in the same bucket since their practical application is very similar.

Assuming no distinction, I'd be interested in the Aimpoint T1 compared to cheaper competitors like the Primary Arms Micro Dot, Vortex Sparc.

Leupold Deltapoint, Burris Fastfire and Primary Arms micro reflex sight.

Red dot and reflex is one and the same, for all practical purposes.  Holographic is a different technology, but for the sake of this article, it is irrelevant since there no miniature holographic sights that I am aware of.

The sights I am looking at are mostly the tiny red dot sights like Deltapoint, RMR, etc.  The Aipoint Micro would the largest of these.

Primary Arms is unlikely to be included here since last time I briefly looked at one I was sufficiently un-impressed to lose all interest.

Vortex Sparc will also not be a contender for this due to the way the controls are done.  I do not like those buttons; I think it is poor way of implementing illumination controls for a red dot sight.

ILya
Marine24 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marine24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 17:39
Thanks for defining the box.

In addition to the Deltapoint, RMR and Aimpoint Micro, I'd add Burris Fastfire, Razor and MRDS red dot sight for your consideration.
obro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2012 at 13:41
Do you have this review done yet ?
obro
obro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2012 at 17:59
Guess not.
obro
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:38
I've been otherwise pre-occupied, so I had to put this on a back burner.  I hope to come back to it next month.

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:49
And he says I'm impatient....

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2012 at 11:56
Great review topic!  I haven't seen many reviews of miniature red dot sights and I don't think I've ever seen a head to head comparison of multiple mini red dots done.  I look forward to reading your conclusions!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2012 at 11:02
I just got a burris fastfire to test out on a 357 revolver.  I'll post a review when done.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
obro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2012 at 21:56
Sorry not trying to be impatient . Im in the market for one and I respect his opinion.
obro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic