OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

price check on leupold?????????????????//

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: price check on leupold?????????????????//
    Posted: July/26/2012 at 17:01
Came in a buy and have  no use for it.  Friction adjustments looks like new.  What is a fair price?

M8 3x   serial # L174898

Edited by Fotis - July/26/2012 at 17:11
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 06:23
Well they are not as available as the 4x and desirable to some because they allow a lot of fore and aft movement when mounting so I'm going to guess in the $200+ or - range as it appears to be in nice shape. Just my guess if you want to sell it relatively quickly and everybody walk away satisfied
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 07:26
Several folks mount them up on "challenging" mount applications (such as Ruger #1's). 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 08:08
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Several folks mount them up on "challenging" mount applications (such as Ruger #1's). 

What is "challenging" about a Ruger #1?   I have two of them and have had no "challenges" in scope mounting.  AND, "they" now make a "drop on" Picatinny rail for Ruger #1.   
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 11:34
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

What is "challenging" about a Ruger #1?   I have two of them and have had no "challenges" in scope mounting.  AND, "they" now make a "drop on" Picatinny rail for Ruger #1.   

Perhaps challenging wasn't the best word to use here. Maybe unique is better???!!! I guess it depends on the scope you have (or want to put on the #1), its tube length, ER and so on. I only have one Ruger #1 left, but have played with several. If you hate the off-set mounts or can't fathom a pic rail on a #1 (I had Richard Near make me one for my stainless .300 mag and rather liked it) you need some tube length to get the scope positioned back over the safety...which is where most people shoot (no pun intended) for. For example, I had a Sightron SII 4x that I wanted to put on ... but just couldn't get it back far enough.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 19:10
There is a form on Samplelist if you want to sell it  SWFA will quote you a bid.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2012 at 20:51

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Perhaps challenging wasn't the best word to use here. Maybe unique is better???!!! I guess it depends on the scope you have (or want to put on the #1), its tube length, ER and so on. I only have one Ruger #1 left, but have played with several. If you hate the off-set mounts or can't fathom a pic rail on a #1 (I had Richard Near make me one for my stainless .300 mag and rather liked it) you need some tube length to get the scope positioned back over the safety...which is where most people shoot (no pun intended) for. For example, I had a Sightron SII 4x that I wanted to put on ... but just couldn't get it back far enough.

Aaahhhh...  a Near rail on Ruger #1 would be cool.  They are available commercially, now.  I've just never had any of the problems you mention, have never used an offset mount on a #1.  Understand your concept now...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2012 at 07:00
  1. Thank you all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic