OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Black Hole Weaponry AR15 in 6X68

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Hole Weaponry AR15 in 6X68
    Posted: July/25/2012 at 11:49
Has anybody dealt with Black Hole Weaponry before?

They have developed a 6X68 ar15 upper that should be
one hot pill!

They are currently offering the full upper and BCG with 100 rnds for $680.00 and I'm very tempted to jump on it.

The $680 package includes the following:

• A3 Flat Top Upper and Bolt Carrier Group (BCG)
  • Aluminum Free Float Tube
  • Low Pro Gas Block
  • 20" 6X68 Rifle Length 1X9 Twist Target Crowned BHW Polygonal rifled barrel**
  • Don't hand load? No problem! This package also includes 100 rounds of 6X68 ammunition made specifically for this project by Tactical Ammunition.

what do you guys think?  This shold be a great varmint and deer set-up

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 12:05
They make good barrels so I hear.  never hear much about their complete uppers, at least I haven't
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 12:08
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Has anybody dealt with Black Hole Weaponry before?

They have developed a 6X68 ar15 upper that should be
one hot pill!

They are currently offering the full upper and BCG with 100 rnds for $680.00 and I'm very tempted to jump on it.

The $680 package includes the following:

• A3 Flat Top Upper and Bolt Carrier Group (BCG)
  • Aluminum Free Float Tube
  • Low Pro Gas Block
  • 20" 6X68 Rifle Length 1X9 Twist Target Crowned BHW Polygonal rifled barrel**
  • Don't hand load? No problem! This package also includes 100 rounds of 6X68 ammunition made specifically for this project by Tactical Ammunition.

what do you guys think?  This shold be a great varmint and deer set-up

My 6.5Grendel upper has a barrel from these guys and it shoots well.

That having been said, I know that they have been going through some growing pains.  They started out well and had amazing barrels for the money.  Then their QC went to hell for a while.  Now, I heard it is all coming together for them again, but I have no other personal experience with their products.

ILya
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 12:13
Never heard of them, but the cartridge looks interesting.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 12:27
I think if I wanted a 6mm from an AR id look hard at the 6 WOA round. suppose to be the easiest to load for from what i've heard/read
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
djmfl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 21:47
I've been using BHW barrels for several years and they are extremely accurate.  The company is in eastern Washington State and have the absolute best customer service of any manufacturer that I've ever done business with.  

I have 2 Black Hole Weaponry, left handed, railed uppers.  Both have .264LBC barrels.  One is a 24" bull barrel and the other is a 20" LTR profile (lightweight, rifle).  Both are real tack drivers and shoot like a dream.  The railed upper is unique to BHW and is now sold via Surplus Ammo.  The bolt carrier has two slight groves along the sides that match the rails that are machined into the left handed upper.  This allows for the bolt to be returned to battery in exactly same position shot after shot.
It truly works and has improved accuracy.  

BHW is a wonderful company that strongly believes in producing well made barrels and accessories and backs them up with wonderful customer service.  When you call them, a real human being (located at the factory, not at some foreign zip code) answers.

Give 'em a chance.  They are nice company to do business with.

PS:  I have no personal stake in this company other than I'm a dedicated customer.
djmfl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djmfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 21:48
Sorry, I forgot to mention....go to the BHW forum and read the posts on the new 6x68.  It blows the doors off the 6 WOA. 
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 22:53
Thanks for the info, and welcome to the OT.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 06:20
Yes, WELCOME!  and thats for your input.  Since asking I've been hearing great things about BHW.

AS far as the 6X68 upper goes I've read where they have two seperate groups doing testing and load development.  One group aimed at Varminting and the other, long range/big game/BR.

I'm a reloader, so a wildcat or custom chambering doesn't scare me to death.  I see that Tactical Ammunition already produces production rounds for BHW 6X68 too.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 12:21
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic