OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swedish 2-20x44 and 3-30x56 scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swedish 2-20x44 and 3-30x56 scopes
    Posted: July/24/2012 at 17:42
Anyone know about the Z-Aim Riflescopes? Stumbled across their 2-20 and 3-30 power scopes.
castlebravo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castlebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 11:46
Nope, but I did contact them.  They don't have a US distributor but will ship to US.  Trying to figure out where they get their glass, where the assembly is done, etc.  I'll update as I find out more.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 11:52
Scope pictures on their website do not look encouraging.  Those are chinese scopes.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castlebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 16:34
Sooner or later the Chinese are going to get rifle scopes down.  But the prices are way too steep for Chinese scopes.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 17:33
Originally posted by castlebravo castlebravo wrote:

Sooner or later the Chinese are going to get rifle scopes down. 

Yes, but something with a 10x erector ratio is a bit beyond them for now.

ILya
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2012 at 21:35
Found this chinese company producing high ratio 8x scopes (3.5-28x50). Was only a matter of time before they advanced into this arena.

http://www.visionking.com.cn/en/products.asp?c_id=24&c_pid=24
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 00:54
Originally posted by Digit Digit wrote:

Found this chinese company producing high ratio 8x scopes (3.5-28x50). Was only a matter of time before they advanced into this arena.

http://www.visionking.com.cn/en/products.asp?c_id=24&c_pid=24

The fact that they produce it, does not mean that it works well.

I have seen a fair number of chinese scopes with high erector ratios.  The specsheet looks good, but using them is kinda like sticking needles in your eyeballs.  Now that a fair number of good quality scope with 6x and greater erector ratios are on the market, I am sure they will get reverse engineered,  but it will still be available before you see something decent with these specs coming out of China.

ILya
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 06:59
These Z-Aim scopes are a piece of chinese junk, the 2-20 and 3-30 (and a 1-6) were handed over by the swedish importer to a guy on a swedish forum. The result of the review/testing was not flattering, in fact devastating.
The 1-6 was way better, the reviewer even planned buying one.

I have come across the VisionKing scopes and other brands from China imported directly to Sweden or via a detour to US or Germany (re-naming) and I´m surprised that it´s possible to sell them at all.
 I have an old Weaver V9 that´s constantly used by friends in need while their chinese scopes are going through the "road of warranty" due to optics problems, reticle issues and mechanical defects.

Gerry Atric

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2012 at 10:00
Found this page and the connection between Z-Aim and VisionKing:

I haven´t bothered looking through the old swedish forum thread, but it could have been this site we found when the Z-Aim representative at first refused to mention the origin of the scopes. 
Then of course came the explanation that the scopes were made in China, "under supervision" according to "high standards" within "strict specifications" and such BS.

I believe that it´s better for a company to be honest: This is a chinese scope, at least I become annoyed when I have to investigate through smoke-screens and haze and finally find out that the gut-feeling was correct.

We had the same problems with the japanese/korean scopes a long time ago, they were renamed and sold, often as a combo rifle/scope.

Gerry Atric
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote castlebravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2012 at 01:58
Just a small update - Z-Aim never responded to my query on where they were manufactured or sourced or if there was an English-language review of the scopes available.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2012 at 03:09

If a seller have something to hide..... 

In the actual case with Z-Aim, my belief is that the importer actually thought that he had struck gold and that he would sell sh*tloads of the scopes with enough advertising.
He believed that the scopes were as good as the competition and was duly annoyed when told otherwise (the discussion on the swedish forum ended when he hired an "optics expert" that defended the scopes = mudslinging de luxe)

Gerry Atric
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic