OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Colorado Theater Tragedy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorado Theater Tragedy
    Posted: July/20/2012 at 10:05
Our hearts go out to all family and friends of the victims.

Edited by Alan Robertson - July/21/2012 at 15:55
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 10:17
Nope, sure didn't.  Sad very sad.  Prayers go out to all affected
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 10:22
Very tragic!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 11:14
Horrible to see.
The sad thing is in the list of the victims - 6year old - a 3month old. It was at a midnight showing and being an extremely violent movie - the gun control nuts want to talk about gun control. I ask where are the parents?

Colorado has seen its fair share of these type of things more gun control laws will never help end these shootings. The culture of violence and hate is being started by x-box, PS and super violent movies with kids at an very early age.

Prayers out to victims friends/family
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 11:52
Reports say that a young man appeared to answer a cell phone call and then while apparently talking, exited through an emergency exit door a few minutes before the shooter entered through the same door. It was probably the shooter, who rigged/defeated the door mechanism which prevented entry from outside.
He also was wearing a "vest", so had apparently planned on withstanding an attack from an off- duty armed policeman or a concealed- carry permit holder.

Kyrie eleison

"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 12:07
Really curious as to what motivated this guy.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 14:30
My daughter and her husband went to a midnight showing of that movie last night....but, it was in Fort Worth, thank God! 
Visit the Ed Show
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 14:35
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

It will probably come from "he was not loved by his parents enough" or " he was spanked when he was 6" or " he failed at a relation ship with a girl' or " he was bullied" or " he couldn't cop with the real world after college. it will always come down to "it was not his fault" by the media. I truly am sad about what HE did and the lose off ALL the people and what there families are going thru today. It bothers me to the core.

I just hate to see how big of a political agenda it will or has become in the up and coming races.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 14:45
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

It will probably come from "he was not loved by his parents enough" or " he was spanked when he was 6" or " he failed at a relation ship with a girl' or " he was bullied" or " he couldn't cop with the real world after college. it will always come down to "it was not his fault" by the media. I truly am sad about what HE did and the lose off ALL the people and what there families are going thru today. It bothers me to the core.

I just hate to see how big of a political agenda it will or has become in the up and coming races.

He was a PHD candidate. He'd spent most/all of his young adult life listening to liberal profs. fill his head with liberal BS.
All of the recent killers, from Columbine until now were students. It would be just as valid ( and equally stupid) to say that "being a student" is just as much to blame as possession of a firearm.

On the other hand, just plain old calling him bat- farqing nuts would suffice.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 14:57
Oh No!!  A Good Liberal [ Registered Democrat!! ] led astray by the Right Wing racist blogs on the Internet and Rush Limbaugh and Andrew Breitbart!!  

Visit the Ed Show
Obi Wan Kenobi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 20:00
Its the AR rifle thats gotten the most attention.

I LOVE guns and hunting. But its just too easy for any lunatic to get his or her hands on ARs.

I guess I'm a purist when it comes to rifles. I just don't see the need for anything other than a bolt action, 4 round clip semi auto, single shot rifle, or double rifle. I've never been a fan of them.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 20:05

This guy may truly be disturbed. He dyed his hair the color of the Joker and told the police he was the Joker when they asked him who he was.

And like the Joker in The Dark Knight he's requested a phone call to his laywer and not cooperating.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 20:47
I feel sorry for him. 

" Vaya con Díos!! "

Visit the Ed Show
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 20:52
Originally posted by Obi Wan Kenobi Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

This guy may truly be disturbed. He dyed his hair the color of the Joker and told the police he was the Joker when they asked him who he was.

And like the Joker in The Dark Knight he's requested a phone call to his laywer and not cooperating.

He also boobie traped the place he lived to kill more people when they started digging around for who he was.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 21:27

I LOVE guns and hunting. But its just too easy for any lunatic to get his or her hands on ARs.

I guess I'm a purist when it comes to rifles. I just don't see the need for anything other than a bolt action, 4 round clip semi auto, single shot rifle, or double rifle. I've never been a fan of them.

Slippery slope.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 21:51
Originally posted by rustic rustic wrote:

Slippery slope.
I agree with Rustic. The second Amendment aint about duck hunting. What's more important, the rights of a few mentally unbalanced people or the rights of all citizens?

Just because you don't care for semiautomatics, doesn't mean I don't.
I remember when JFK was assasinated, there was a call to ban all rifles with scopes. You can't compromise and expect to keep something.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
jselsor View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 22:23
Ther is no way anyone could make any rhyme or reason out of this. This is pure EVIL at work. This cat was no doubt possessed by the devil. The media keeps trying to make since out of nothing asking Why Why Why??? They are playing tennis with the curb. He will pay the price when he meets his maker. 

God Bless the families 
Dont take yourself to seriously
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 23:58
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Slippery slope.
I agree with Rustic. The second Amendment aint about duck hunting. What's more important, the rights of a few mentally unbalanced people or the rights of all citizens?

I remember when JFK was assasinated, there was a call to ban all rifles with scopes. You can't compromise and expect to keep something.

I disagree about the 2nd amendment. I believe they meant for citizens to have the right to defend themselves from each other and government, plus defend personal property and to use a gun for survival ala hunting back in those days especially. Free as in free to take care of ones basic needs of survival ect ect.....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a" free State", the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be

Back to my point, I don't have a problem with semi autos. I have a few Remington 7400s and looking at maybe buying a Benelli R1. Those guns aren't the problem. We've already gone down the slope with these assault rifles IMO and they make hunters and sportsman look bad! They aren't for home or car defense and I don't know a single person who hunts with an AR with a large clip of ammunition. Nobody is going to slaughter dozens of people and injure 60 with a 5 shot clip Remington 7400 deer rifle. From what I'm reading he bought an 870 pump 2 glock 40s and an AR 223 with a drum clip. All I've heard tonight was the media going after the AR not the 870. In a few of the school shootings in Arkansas deer rifles were used but no fuss was made of it. They were just described messed up kids with tragic home lives. I've listened to a ton of TV tonight. Most sensible people agree "even the MSNBC crowd" hunting rifles and shot guns are NOT the problem. Americans have the right to own guns but we need to have a common sense approach.

Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi - July/21/2012 at 00:13
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2012 at 00:10
"A man who is willing to trade freedom for security, deserves neither."
 Guns are not at fault here. They are but tools in the hands of anybody. None of the tools did any harm by themselves. It was the hands of a man that did the killing in Colorado last night... Would you have preferred that he beat them to death with a hammer? Or maybe stood by the only door with a chainsaw? Tools are tools. They are not evil. They don't do harm or good...They are dead...
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2012 at 00:18

Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Slippery slope.

I disagree about the 2nd amendment. I believe they meant for citizens to have the right to defend themselves from each other and government, plus defend personal property and to use a gun for survival ala hunting back in those days especially. Free as in free to take care of ones basic needs of survival ect ect.....

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a" free State", the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be

Back to my point, I don't have a problem with semi autos. I have a few Remington 7400s and looking at maybe buying a Benelli R1. Those guns aren't the problem. We've already gone down the slope with these assault rifles IMO and they make hunters and sportsman look bad! They aren't for home or car defense and I don't know a single person who hunts with an AR with a large clip of ammunition. Nobody is going to slaughter dozens of people and injure 60 with a 5 shot clip Remington 7400 deer rifle. In a few of the school shootings in Arkansas deer rifles were used but no fuss was made of it. They were just described messed up kids with tragic home lives. I've listened to a ton of TV tonight. Most sensible people agree "even the MSNBC crowd" hunting rifles are NOT the problem. Americans have the right to own guns but we need to have a common sense approach. Its just like thousands of Americans own private jets & are wealthy enough to buy F16s. The government isn't going to sell a civilianized f16 to the public for fear of it being used as a weapon. John Travolta is an avid pilot and has been trying to buy one for years without any advanced radar or anything. Its not going to happen.

It has to be some way to prevent these kind of tragedies.

I disagree 100%.
Lets enforce the current laws on the the books not make up new useless ones. Criminal control not unreasonable gun control adding new laws is like a bandaid on a broken arm it doesn't work... just makes things worse case in point Illinois(Chicago) super strict gun laws = high crime rates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic