OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Gun trade - stoked and bummed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun trade - stoked and bummed
    Posted: July/18/2012 at 22:33
Always wanted a Blaser K95 (single shot break open work of art!), mainly in 270 winchester since they are light guns (called a stalking gun).  The single shot K77 was started in 1977 and updated to the K95 in 1995 with very few changes.

This one came with a carry case and 2 barrels, a 22-250 and a 300 win mag

so I am really stoked to get a classic German Blaser with 2 barrels

But I am really bummed about what I had to trade, my Beretta Mato 300 win mag with a Zeiss 2.5x10x50 VM/T* Sad Pacer and a Remington 22-250 VLS with a Burris Black Diamond 4x16x52 BMD.  The Remington I can live without but that Mato had a staked out place in my heart Shoot Self

Anyway, now I need new scopes

Would love a Kahles 4x12x56 MZ but need to save for awhile on that.  Guess I'll look through the sample list and see what kind of lightweight 30mm scope that would fit on the 300 win mag.  Something German and in the 4x12 would be appropriate. 

On the 22-250 I need higher power 30 mm scope

Any ideas?
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 02:28
Very nice. I too have drooled over the K95. I'm rapidly becoming a single shot snob. Scopewise, a nice Zeiss Diavari would be awesome. Congrats.Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 06:59
A Leica would also be very nice, along with any Swaro.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 16:10
I have a burris black diamond 4-16 sitting in the safe i could send you for the time being till you find what you want. It is the ballistic mildot. If you want to use it till you find what you want or are interested in buying it, let me know. It has a kenton indsutries knob on it tuned for the 300 wm 180 gr bullet, but i think i have the original knob somewhere.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 16:42
Very nice rifle, Bob!  Those K95's are well-balanced and handle like a wand! 

Pity you had to part with your Mato to get it though!

Keep us posted on how it shoots.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 17:53
Say it ain't so!!! You traded your beloved Mato!!!

Blasers are the bomb but you aren't you without your Mato!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

gulf1263 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulf1263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 19:55
I would look at a Zeiss 3.5x10 or Swaro 2.5x15 with a normal sized objective to keep the rig light and handy.
SWFA has quite a selection on the Sample List.
Good luck.
Art
Good day.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2012 at 22:16
Internet down and phone didn't post last try

Will respond when can

Thanks

sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 09:50
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Say it ain't so!!! You traded your beloved Mato!!!

Blasers are the bomb but you aren't you without your Mato!!!

I've still got the Mato that I rebarreled from a 338 win mag to a 338RUM and maybe I can talk my buddy into selling me his Mato 30-06

So I'm still me!  Big Grin

Might have to wait until after the first of the year and see how much change I have after property taxes

The 22-250 has open sights so can be used, the 300 win mag has had a muzzle brake put on it so the front sight is gone

Do y'all think a SS 10 HD 30mm would give a wide enough field of view to use on the 300?  There are some good deals on the sample list.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 09:54
Identity crisis adverted!!! Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 10:36
I think a SS 10x would be fine
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 10:55
Nice rifle I like a single shot rifle it makes you spend that shot wisely.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 12:04
I'm an unabashed, avowed fine single shot slut myself, as evidenced by my avatar and my favorite "luxury" rifle... the mighty Dakota M10.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2012 at 13:50
I've decided to sell this as is if anyone is interested - $2,500

Never got around to scoping them out or shooting them (have too many rifles already!)

Golf cart died, thinking of buying a Polaris EV (about $10,000) as a combination house work cart and hunting vehicle

Have also a Honda Foreman 450 manual shift 214 hours 660 miles original owner if anyone close is interested - or see what they offer for trade in at Polaris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic